Archinect
anchor

Large firm doing high-end residential in LA?

nicomachean

A friend is looking to make the journey to LA, looking for work in a very large (100+ people) high-end residential firm (if such firm exists). If none exists what about 50+?

Jun 7, 05 2:48 am

firms that just do high-end residential tend to be much smaller than that.

Jun 7, 05 10:06 am  · 
 · 
nicomachean

so it seemed to me...what about high-end residential firms with offices in or near Beverly Hills?

Jun 7, 05 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Archi-F

What's the deal with Large High End Residential firm and Beverly Hills? The combination isn't going to guarantee an increase in income.

Jun 7, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
www.kaadesigngroup.com

KAA is closer to the 30-40 people range, and in Marina del Rey. That's probably the best/closest you're going to get.

Jun 7, 05 11:28 am  · 
 · 
citizen

If the friend doesn't recoil at shameless historical pastiche, try

http://www.landrydesigngroup.com/

Jun 7, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I have to agree with above... Large firm - High - End Residential aren't usuallyterms I would associate with each other than places that might typically crank out trophy mcmansions. Maybe Mr. R.Stern has a west coast office.

Jun 7, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean

thanks all. the job market still seems pretty strong in LA which bodes well.

Jun 7, 05 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

Rios Clementi Hale is one of the larger ones I know doing residential, in addition to many other types of work...

Jun 7, 05 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Marmol and Radziner is another - I think they are around the same size, although they have a culture of a much larger firm.

Jun 7, 05 11:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: