Archinect
anchor

Genetic architectures

gonebananas

I bumped the other day on a book named genetic architectures in the book entries of archinect. As a result I found out about an experimental Genetic Architecture Program at Barcelona's International University of Catalunya (postgraduate, Masteer and doctorate programme), which would be quite the thing i would be interested in doing some time. Biomimetics or bionics either in a formalistic, structural or functional approach to architecture...
I would like to know if anyone is familiar with the programme or even better has been part of it.

Jun 6, 05 6:03 pm
Barrett

Dennis Dollens runs or taught in that Catalunya program...I want to say he started it all, not sure but I know he had a profound impact on the program. I attended one of his lectures....some interesting stuff, and some real hidous unfounded stuff, wasn't quite what I was expecting...either way look him up, should lead you to some further info on the subject

Jun 8, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 
Barrett
www.tumbletruss.com

is his research website I believe

Jun 8, 05 9:32 am  · 
 · 
ZahasLover

Is the program in English?, I inquired through email and the coordinator replied in Spanish. She did that to me twice...rude..but seriously, is it in English?

Jun 8, 05 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
chinoXL63

sounds similar to the focus of the EmTech program at the AA:

http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/et/

Jun 9, 05 6:58 am  · 
 · 
Lianne

ZahasLover, what information dud you get on the Universidad internacional de catalunya? I have written them (in spanish) but have not heard back yet.

Jul 12, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Lianne

gonnebananas, you have been to the UIC? Do you know anything about the masters program? Anything towards sustainable housing? I have tries do contact them but have not heard back yet...

Jul 12, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Dennis Dollens is a research designer and writer living in Santa Fe, NM. He has taught in the Genetic Architecture Program at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya in Barcelona.

Jul 12, 05 11:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: