Archinect
anchor

genr8 for mac/osx?

henrik

Hi,

Has anyone had a successful go at recompiling the plugin for the mac/osx platform?
Does anyone know why this is only available on Win? As a Maya plugin, I would've thought it would be not too difficult to cross-compile. But I'm not a coder.

Jun 5, 05 10:02 am
Andrew Kudless

Just email martin hemburg, the creator of genr8, and ask. I asked him a couple of years ago and he thought it wouldn't be too hard either but he wasn't familiar with os x at all and that's why he hadn't done it. I would suggest emailing him to see if he could do it now or at least ask him for the source code and get some one else to do it for you. Each year in the EmTech program at the AA there is at least one mac user and this issue comes up each time.

Jun 6, 05 6:22 am  · 
 · 
henrik

Thanks Andrew.

Yes, I would've emailed the developer eventually, but I thought I'd exhaust other possibilities first. I also asked a friend to look into it.
I'll give it a few more days. I was hoping there'd be someone
from MIT or SCI-Arc reading this too...

Jun 6, 05 11:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: