Archinect
anchor

Fireplace Details?

R.A. Rudolph

Looking for suggestions on pre-fab boxes which might be nicer than Superior... also places to look for details - manufacturers websites, etc?
Thanks

Jun 3, 05 12:36 am
Ms Beary

details for mantles, surrounds - interior graphic standards? The top three fireplace manu's cater to architects - have CDs etc, can download box size and shape. Start at sweets or arcat or just search for Heat-n-Glo, Lennox, or shoot I forget the other one.
Are you looking for gas or electric? I know which electric is the best, but pricey, the Lennox Reflections. The rest of the electric ones are still horribly cheesy.

Jun 3, 05 9:25 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra
http://www.malmfireplaces.com/products.html

out of santa rosa,ca. something different than superior, majestic, lenox, these type of fireplaces used to be called 'dutch' and they disappeared after 60's..i wonder if they have LARR?

Jun 3, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

Gas/wood burning, and looking for installation details for the insert itself.. Has to be built in, typical ractangular one-sided but my understanding ia LA requires glass doors, etc. now and the ones I've found so far are ugly - don't have a budget for custom. I believe I need an LARR# but sometimes they don't ask...

Jun 3, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
spaceman

Try Majestic

Jun 3, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

most people take out the not so nice glass doors with rich brass styling. after the inspection and just leave the chain link screen. if that glass safety is not a concern. they are what they are. i like to cover them with drywall framing sometimes using exposed galvinized triple wall chimney. they should have installation details with the package.

Jun 3, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

I suggest Isokern

Jun 3, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Finjohn

These guys would be a great resource for this: http://www.bishophome.com/

Sep 25, 18 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Town & Country?

Sep 25, 18 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: