Archinect
anchor

examples residential roof gardens

achg

anyone have any suggestions. i'm looking for small residential roof gardens that are not necessarily green roof gardens; just designed gardens

Jun 2, 05 1:13 pm
BOTS

The most famous is roof garden can been seen at Villa Savoye by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret.

Of course this topic was metioned in his short manifesto - Six points towards a new architecture.

In case you have all forgotten, the six points can be summarised as 1) Supports; 2) Roof gardens; 3) Free design of the ground plan; 4) Horizontal windows; 5) The free design of the façade; and 6) Surveillance

The Villa Savoye is a clear example of a building incorporating these six points.

Jun 2, 05 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
achg

uh, thanks???

i'm actually looking for examples of just point 2, and these examples can be from architects who designed say in the last 10 years, and the work that they produced can be completely free from the remaining 5 points. we're looking towards a new architecture.

Jun 2, 05 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

the security camera is beautiful, really says something (well to me at least)

Jun 2, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
geno

yeah, corb was ahead of his time on 'security-mania'.

Jun 2, 05 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
mouse

Rick Mather has a fantastic roof garden in north london

Jun 3, 05 8:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: