Archinect
anchor

Any happy architects here?

paris

well everyone is complaining, so if there is no time and you're all busy busy with work and you can't enjoy yourselves doing anything else but work, then how come there are so many people here chatting away? when you could be reading a book?

Jun 2, 05 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
oxygenoverdose

good point

Jun 2, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
paris

I never said us sucks, I said working in north america is difficult, you can have no life basically. where in europe and asia it's a bit easier I've noticed...my bro is a civil engineer and he's worked in a few countries in asia, very gooood money and contacts, and i've never seen him overworked or disapointed!

Jun 3, 05 1:51 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

If you have enough time to bitch all day on the internet, you have to be a happy son of a bitch! Right?

and liberty bell - what the fuck is "cutting edge work" or "rich" ?

- mysterious . . .

I don't understand any of it.

If I could figure out what the hell those words mean, I could answer the initial query with clarity. But that's not gonna happen any time soon. Alas.

Happiness in architecting is all about delayed gratification. The US sucks at setting aside its hunger for distractions from Doom. Doom on the other hand is all about delayed gratification. The Reaper would make one hell of a happy architect.

Our profession is all about making things that will be appreciated or tripped over well after we are pushing up daisies.

Kinky as hell profession if you ask me.

Kinky can be fun . . .

Jun 3, 05 2:33 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Oh yeah . . . and BOTS rules!

Jun 3, 05 2:36 am  · 
 · 
polipop

i don´t think either that us sucks, it depends if the first thing someone wants to do in life is work. if it´s not, don´t go to the us, since it´s going to be tough.

in europe or asia at 5pm (depending on the office and country) you stop working and then your life outside the office starts.

Jun 3, 05 3:00 am  · 
 · 

asia is hell workin-hours-wise. in london life was possible, but can't speak for the rest of europe.

but architecture is more flexible than most proffesions. gotta love it!

Jun 3, 05 4:20 am  · 
 · 
too degrading

I married well. Piss off.

Jun 3, 05 4:53 am  · 
 · 
too degrading

I married well. Piss off.

Jun 3, 05 4:54 am  · 
 · 
too degrading

How GD tacky of moi to click twice. Apologies...But really, Happy is you, not me. Ya know, that Scientology shit looks kinda (pace Paris) hot...

Jun 3, 05 4:57 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i watched a public broadcasting TV show last night that had footage of an architecture office (even spotted an old classmate putting a scale to a print!) and i was so jealous... till I realized I do have that life...

I'm happy.

Jun 3, 05 9:43 am  · 
 · 
paris

ok, so we conclude that you guys do like your profession just like to bitch alot...

and the whole service industry bizwaz...well at least you all get to be creative(at least some of the time)and get paid for it.

the only profession that leaves you free to do whatever you want is the art biz, painters, fine artists...needless to say that these artists make close to nothing unless they're extremely lucky which happens to one in a million.

so......there!

Jun 4, 05 1:15 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i like to bitch a lot because I am observant and have standards to uphold.

Jun 4, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: