Archinect
anchor

Acad - how do you force justify text

pescador

does anyone know how to force justify text in Acad? to be clear: how can you make notes stretch from margin to margin... using acad 2005...

thanks!

May 27, 05 2:44 pm
pencrush

According to the ACAD 2004 Help section, "AutoCAD offers nine justification settings for multiline text. "

none of them are forced justified both sides.

Most likely, you'll have to do it in InDesign, or some other program and put it on top of you drawing.

May 27, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
pescador

yeah. i checked into help too... i just can't believe a program that's been 20yrs in the making can't do something as simple as force justifying text. it goes left. it goes right. it goes center and six other directions, but not force justified. bah.

thanks again...

May 27, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Not exactly sure what "force" justify means but, if you have the properties dialog open (ctrl +1) you might be able to do it somewhere in there.

May 27, 05 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
pescador

fog- these text boxes here are set up to justify left, meaning the left side's all neat-n-tidey, but the right side's strung out, kind of like how i want to feel tomorrow morning when i wake up. force justifying divies up the space between words to take up that free bit at the end so both sides are clean and crisp. i ms word, you've got four justification options: left, center, right, and forced. there's even an icon for it.

just not in autocad.

in a related question, has anyone seen the acad text that has four handles which you can move independently, allowing you to effectively create text in perspective? i got a dwg from a surveyor with this text on it and snatched a bit of it for use later. i just can't find it now... way cool. you could make the text fat or skinny or wacky shaped just by manipulating the handles on the box.

anyone? anyone?

May 27, 05 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
pescador

oh yeah, last thing: so when you use the express text tools to fit text to an arc, it force justifies. alas, the text generator that does this isn't Mtext, so it's kind of useless for general notes, etc... otherwise i'd fit text to a straight line - er, i mean arc.

May 27, 05 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Try This, might work:
Options) Preferences) Files) Text Editor Application) Switch From Internal and Browse for Microsoft Word .exe. Save your preferences and compose annotation using the New Word Text Editor with Forced Justification.
No promises!

May 27, 05 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

why would you force justify your general notes anyways? Just curious.

May 28, 05 12:26 am  · 
 · 
pescador

very good question. the answer is, you wouldn't, if it was your decision. and neither would i. unfortunately, i work for someone who doesn't understand that ultimately text should be legible before it's pretty on a page.

Jun 1, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
pescador

okay, that almost worked Poczatek, but it didn't. thanks anyway.

i'm giving up on this now...

thanks everyone for your efforts... g.

Jun 1, 05 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: