Archinect
anchor

In need of advice - Manchester or take a year out?

NSG.

I have completed my Par1 in Manchester, I have a decent grade. I was lucky enough to work for a year in a large Practice.

But unfortunately the one thing I didn't focus on was applying to IV universities and universities I would be excited to go to for my Part 2.

I have now the option of Doing my Part 2 back in Manchester, or waiting for another year (maybe working or doing a year course such as an MA) and then going to a university that I am enthusiastic about and giving it my best shot.

I'd like to go to Delft since I'd like to pursue an architecture career in the Netherlands. I'd equally be happy to go to AA/Bartlett/Cardiff/Edinburgh, or somewhere else in Europe. I am open minded.

Do you think deciding not to go to Manchester this year a rational decision? I am a girl and 24. I don't particularly like Manchester as a city. But I am anxious about getting accredited before my life changes in any way.

Thank you for your help/advice.

Sep 6, 11 9:35 am
NSG.

please...

Sep 6, 11 11:01 am  · 
 · 
TED

hey if you don't go back now you will be subject to the £9k fees - go now while you can

Sep 7, 11 7:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: