Archinect
anchor

max -- extruding/lofting bet two obj's

Urbanist

I'm hoping somebody may know how to do this without having to do much recreating of stuff.

If I have two polygons (themselves produced by lofting) and want to link two edges between them with a lofted and/or extruded surface how do I do so. Picture a floor polygon and a ceiling polygon and I want to create the walls between them by linking one or more edges on the upper side of the floor to a particular lower edge of the ceiling.. they are not necessarilty the same street (not exactly my situation, but analogous to it).

Obviously I can do this by exploding or recreating/extracting splines from the two polygons, but I'd like to be able to do this without inflicting serious damage to the existing subd's.

Thanx

May 18, 05 9:04 pm
Urbanist

opps.. typo'd. I meant the two subd poly edges are differently curved.

May 18, 05 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
raji

Attach the curves (perimeters) of each polygon, and then add a surface modifier. Then, you might need to flip the normals, depending on the direction of the curves. (The curves also need to be going in the same direction, ie both clockwise, or counter clockwise) After, you might need to add a shell modifier to give these new surfaces a bit of thickness. Then collapse the whole model to a editable poly and you are all set.

May 19, 05 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: