Archinect
anchor

Trump's Twin Tower proposal

jas

he plans on promoting this building instead of the Freedom Tower..

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/18/news/newsmakers/trump_twintowers/index.htm?cnn=yes

May 18, 05 3:23 pm
mdler

trump = silverstien = childs = leibskind

May 18, 05 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

He was talking about it last night on The Big Idea w/Donny Deutsch.

He said, in these words: "The Freedom Tower was designed by this egghead architect."

May 18, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

He represents all that is wrong in this world.....

May 18, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
pasha

its on now!

when i read tramp's quotes, i hear arnold speaking the words..

don't know why, but somehow that makes sense..

May 18, 05 4:57 pm  · 
 · 

wow are those towers boring.

when I read the bit between Trump and Leibeskind on the news section, I thought it was a joke, and closed the window. I didn't realize our profession was THAT fucked up.

May 18, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

what an asshole. he is going to display the model and bring attention to it on his show, "so the whole country can see it."

i didnt know the whole country watched it, shit, i am missing out...

toot-toot

May 18, 05 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
symmetry

I think everybody has their own ideas on how the building/park/whatever should look like, and he just have enough money and fame to have his shown to the public. You can't really blame him.
Its good entertainment though, 3-4 threads already about this.

May 18, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

If he really wants to do good he should let all us eggheads have a night each with his toy, I mean wife...

May 18, 05 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada
poop
May 18, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

the poop thing really made my day. brilliant.

May 18, 05 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
PFYS

Wow, The Dons putting some weight on.. Being a newlywed for the third time must do that for you... Now which ones the tower and which is the Don??

May 19, 05 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

"If we build the Freedom Tower, it's like the terrorists won."
-- Donald Trump

The Freedom Tower plan "looks like a junkyard." -- Trump

"If [Trump] has such grand ideas and imaginative thoughts, where was he three years ago when the master planning was going on?"
-- Thomas Rogér, whose daughter Jean was a flight attendant on the plane that hit the north tower on 9/11

"I think the challenge of Ground Zero goes beyond anyone's individual ego, and the problem of Donald Trump is he's never gone beyond his own individual ego."
-- Paul Goldberger, dean of Parsons School of Design

May 19, 05 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

all this shit coming from a fuck who lives in a gilded penthouse in some manhattan rat hole...i want to choke this fucker....stick to going bankrupt, running shitty tv shows, selling newark sewer water, and wearing what must be the worst god forsaken birds nest of a toupee....you mutha fucking corruptible prick...whew thanks, that felt good!

May 19, 05 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
ericharch

I was so happy to hear that Donald Trump was named "Dog of the Week" on Air America's "Morning Sedition" AM radio show this morning, for his shameless self-promotion and powergrab.

May 20, 05 7:35 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

nice quotes abra, and amen betadine.

May 20, 05 9:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

He didn't bring up the towers on the finale of the Apprentice last night which probably means that it was a publicity stunt to begin with. Big surprise.

The best part was when he called one of them by the wrong name and they ended up saying something nice about Tana, who he obviously wanted to dump. He's such a shell of a human being, what a prick.

May 20, 05 10:00 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

OMG... LMFAO @ beta... oh god thats funny. i totally agree...

and HE's the fucking egghead.

May 20, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

I look at the picture in the article and I image Trump in first year architecture school in his first crit. That is his model. The panel is looking at it, and they say ...................................................

May 21, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

betadinesutures-i like your attitude. one thing i don't like are yes men. yes men make me sick. you're hired. now go get me a trump ice.

May 21, 05 10:36 am  · 
 · 
tman

The devil wears a new mask

May 21, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: