Archinect
anchor

Spontaneous CAD Shutdown

Colm

Has anyone experienced this yet? You're working in Autocad (2004) when the whole program spontaneously shuts *Completely* off and you're staring at your destop?

Solutions? Fixes? Patches? (Aside from switching to mac or other programs)

Thanks.

May 17, 05 1:25 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

most likely a graphics card issue.

May 17, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

ha! thats happened to me a few times, and some of my co-workers have experienced the disappearing autocad phenomenon too.

May 17, 05 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
gonzo

On detail sheets I’ll lock my viewports and work in paperspace instead of model. I have had AutoHell shut down when I drop an object from Autodesk throught the viewport (elevation tags and such).

May 17, 05 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Cloutier

save often,
make backups,

and have a punching bag to hit close by!

May 17, 05 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

At my last office, I had a lot of spontaneous shutdowns whenever I tried to drag a hatch pattern. Never found a fix, just tried to change my drafting habits.

May 17, 05 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
whodamantom

I had this happen to me, as well as some random layer property changes, while trying to make a deadline this morning. It all comes down to Autocad being an under-tested software. Autodesk does not feel the obligation to perfect their programs before release because they have limited accountability, and, user product dependancy. Its not unlike Microsoft which I often have problems with, and whose programs often (especially in latest versions)butt-heads. This is the down-side of capitalism. Autodesk just needs to be told that they cant be so irresponsible.

May 17, 05 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: