Archinect
anchor

Computer Animated Facades

Ron

There have been some art and architectural projects using computers to animate and control curtainwalls and facades in real time. The projects included panels that are moved in and out driven by gears or hydraulics. Can someone point me to where I can get more information on these installations and designers?

May 15, 05 7:42 pm
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

search for 'aegis hyposurface'

May 15, 05 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
chinoXL63

Mark Goulthorpe , dECOi
http://www.junction.co.uk/PublicArtVE/decoi.html

May 16, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Try out MIT's KDG Responsive Awning

May 17, 05 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

Nouvel's Monde Arab

May 17, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
whodamantom

Why not devise you own?

May 17, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

because there's no point in reinventine the wheel. Finding precedents for what you want to do (especially if it's something mechanically unfamiliar to you), provides a basis of understanding. Once you know what has already been done, you can go beyond it (if you choose to) in a more informed way. By knowing what has been done, you stand on the shoulders of others, and can reach further yourself. Or you can rage against life and 'the man' by refusing any such help, and only reach half-height. Your choice.

Sorry Ron, that's much more to tom than to you. Getting rather annoyed with the patterns in his posts.

May 17, 05 6:43 pm  · 
 · 

not exactly hydraulics... but: super cilia skin

May 17, 05 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
e

agreed rationalist. knowledge is key. the goal is not to copy buy to understand what is possible and why.

May 17, 05 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

hey, i fixed that super cilia skin link above...should work now if you click on it

May 17, 05 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: