Archinect
anchor

Wood or cardboard for a presentation model

Pete

I need to make a 1:100 scaled presentation model for the final. Which material is favorable for this scale, wood or cardboard?

May 13, 05 3:07 pm
MACattack

Use card board. It's easier to work with not unless you have a CNC machine that can mill the structure/(structures) out of solid wood. The solid piece of wood will be expensive though.

MACattack

May 13, 05 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Jrocc

Depends on the size of the project. I would say wood myself maybee a plastic even if you want to get a bit more spendy. CNC please learn how to use a wood shop, nothin worse than an architect thats scared of a saw.

May 13, 05 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

at 1:100, wont cardboard be large for some items? i'm basing this on 100'=1"? otherwise for 1"=10' it would be great if your into cardboard.

May 13, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I'd opt for museum board, probably. Anything you get, just get the 1/32" thickness. You should be able to get it in wood, chipboard, or museum board.

In the end, you just want it to look good. MB and CB would be the easiest to cut, and the cheapest.

May 13, 05 8:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: