Archinect
anchor

Any fabrication or process addicts in Seattle?

pgb

Not to sound too much like a personal add:

My fiancé and I have recently moved to Seattle and so far love the area. Having originally studied product design, I have to admit that I am a process and fabrication addict. If any one is in the Seattle area and has an interest in user centered design,
Web/Interactive design or furniture design/fabrication, let me know. I would love to meet up and hear about what your working on, and what is going on in the area.

May 12, 05 12:47 pm
pgb

opps, didn't run spell check on that.

May 12, 05 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

not an addict, but i do do that. i love any op i get the chance to say 'do do.'

May 12, 05 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
pgb

e perhaps addict is the wrong word, but I really enjoy all of the above.

I looked at your site, nice stuff. Your back ground really intrigues me. Do you do any architecture or product design work currently as well, or are you mainly now focused on the web/graphic design?

May 12, 05 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
e

thx, pgb. mainly focused on web/print/branding. although i am currently partnering with olsen sundberg kundig allen on a permanent exhibition in los angeles that will be part of the skirball cultural center. they have hired me to graphically treat all of the walls throughout 8,000 sq ft of gallery space, deal with all of the typography throughout, way finding signage, and logo.

you?

May 12, 05 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
is

Hi e & pgb,
I also love do-doing... unfortunately not yet at your level e !!!
But I'll be moving to seattle in the end of June to start an internship at OSKA - maybe you could tell me more about what you do do over a beautiful Belgian beer at Brouwer's sometime (I'm actually Belgian too by the way)?

May 14, 05 2:24 am  · 
 · 
e

no unfortunateness about it is. my guess is that i probably have a few more grey hairs than you. good news on your internship at OSKA. look me up. you don't have to twist my arm very hard to go have a beer.

make sure you check out bottleworks too.

May 14, 05 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
pgb

e
I am currently an intern architect in a small mostly residential firm on Bainbridge Island. I have worked some as a graphic designer in the past, and have recently (with in the last year) done a little branding and web design. (html/flash) I am also working with a few manufactures on small shelving system. I am interested in good design in all fields, however my main area of interest is in how we use/respond to the integration of the technology in to our physical environments. Some that I have really only been able to explore on paper and in conversation.

the project with OSKA sounds like a lot of fun!

is - Congrats on your internship at OSKA I have met some great people who work there and from what I can tell, it should be a great experience.

May 17, 05 11:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: