Archinect
anchor

Affording Work in London

archiuser

I'm a 5th year graduating Arch student from the U.S. with the possibility to work for an incredible architect in London, England. Problem is I must pay loans and I don't have much money. (Possible financial distaster looms ahead). Mostly what I know about London is that it's incredibly expensive to live there. Add the weak USD it could almost be impossible for me to live there. By him being a famous architect, I'm sure the pay is be lowsey. Could someone please give me the heads up on how I could cheaply live in London (Housing, Transportation, Food) I know it's possible I just do know how to start looking.

May 12, 05 7:04 am
vado retro

yes my special amerikan friend at cambridge is getting killed on the exchange rate. if your loans exceed 20 percent of income you can get an economic hardship deferrment.

May 12, 05 7:58 am  · 
 · 
ppim

So who is he? London is expensive but it doesnt mean you cant live cheaply. Rents vary from area to area but if you head east, Hackney, Mile End etc, you should find something. It's a bit rough but is generally a creative type scene, close to Shoreditch, Londons answer to the meat packing district. Also most architects have their offices here and in the City. Expect to pay up to 400 quid per month for a flat share. And get a bicycle!

May 12, 05 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: