Archinect
anchor

RESIDENTIAL SCALE LIGHT VEHICLE BRIDGE

form64

I've got a a new SFR design/build project that is going to require a bridge on the property (8 acres) to cross a substantial creek. It's about a 50' span to clear the flood prone banks and get to the hillside building location.

I'm looking for inspirational imagery of any type. I know it's out there but I can't seem to find anything on SFR bridges that is NOT all "castle like" and stone covered. Our aesthetic runs minimalist but nothing Calatrava like will work in this heavy forested setting. More like a Wright influenced Ando. ?!? The bridge cost "should" stay well in the 5 figure range.

May 11, 05 6:23 pm
whistler

Go buy a flat deck from a rail car and dress it up. cheap and can easily span the 50' Just bought one and its the second / third time I have used the same solution. Spend the money on the foundation and detail. Otherwise your looking at big glulams or a custom steel structure.

May 11, 05 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

check out meier's douglas residence.

May 11, 05 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i believe all three were around 50K in late 80's. by BAM.

May 11, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Just thinking of Richard Meier makes the railcar idea sound even better.

May 11, 05 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
form64

any more???

May 12, 05 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
form64

115 views and only one picture? i know you guys have more to offer than that.

maybe not.

May 13, 05 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: