Archinect
anchor

Wirebound, BLANK note and "stuff" book

MACattack

Hello everyone:

I am searching high and low for a BLANK, wirebound notebook that is about 24cm by 15 cm (similar to Hilroy's 5 Subject Heavy Weight Paper Notebook. The important thing I am looking for is that it must be blank. I can find lots of ruled ones (like the Hilroy noted previously) but I cannot find any BLANK ones.

Yes, I could get a sketch book for some art store but I don't need quality paper for my work notes and the odd ideation I might throw down. PLEASE HELP. You would think this would be easy to find but I have gone to Staples, Grand and Toy, etc, etc and nothing.

Fellow AEC folks like yourselves must have something without lines in it.

Please let me know.

MACattack

May 11, 05 12:18 pm
momentum

with all the time/money you have already spent on going and looking for a blank notebook, i would say just go get the sketchbook. with our current gas prices, it is cheaper than looking for the other anymore. besides, it will last longer.

May 11, 05 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
MACattack

True Momentum, true. I filled the Honda Civic today and it cost $41.32 CDN. Ouch!

Does anyone else have some "witty" ideas on where I can get a BLANK, wirebound book that is not an elitist artist store sketch book. I like the standard office ruled ones but they don't seem to come in a BLANK version.

MACattack

May 11, 05 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
e

not sure how a sketchbook became elitist.

May 11, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

Worst. Post. Ever.

May 11, 05 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

41.32 for a civic!!!! fuck. where are you? it cost me 30 to fill up my rodeo. does your civic gas tank include your trunk?

May 11, 05 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Man, sounds like priorities are a little screwed up? Sketchbook, elitist??? C'mon, that's absurd!

I was going to suggest some cool, expensive ones, but if a standard sketbook (of which I personally use for notes and have piles of) elitist, God only knows what the snazzy wood/stainless ones would be called!

Silly.

May 11, 05 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
e

stoopid.

May 11, 05 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
MACattack

Easy folks. Art store sketch books are pricey (and I need all the $$$ to fill my Civic [see above post]). If someone can suggest an artist sketch book, wirebound, about 24cm by 15cm, that is less then $5.00 a pop I will paint elitist on my ass'nic and ski down a Green run in Whistler.

Who is game?

MACattack

May 11, 05 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

what you want is called a sketchbook.

May 11, 05 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
e

and if you can afford to ski whistler, you can afford a sketchbook.

May 11, 05 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
MACattack

Okay, I am using a Bienfang 8-1/2" by 11" sketch book but the paper quality is too good for daily work and such. Anyone else have any suggestions for a really cheap sketchbook that is about 6" by 8"?

Thanks,
MACattack

May 11, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
ether

just carry around a toilet paper roll. i'm sure you can pick up several for under $5.

May 11, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
MACattack

K, folks. The postings are not helping. Give me a break here.

Man Alive!

MACattack

May 11, 05 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Archi-F

Get a reem of blank white paper from your office (used for printing - low quality), go through the office library to see if there's anything that will make a cool (nice black) cover. Take everything to Kinko's have it cut and wire bound to the size of your preference. Better yet - make it yourself in the office.

May 11, 05 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Yeah, Kinko's will charge you the price of a sketch book to cut all that paper and bind it!

MAC - you have to understand this all sounds a tad ridiculous. I guess time does not equal money for you, or you would easily be buying new sketchbooks!
I am sure you can find somewhere online that has cheap ones, or if you have money (which it seems you do if you can afford to snowboard/ski, which many can't), then buy a case of 'em. Surely you can find a way to get them for a few bucks less!

Oh, and those 5 Star, cheap lined notebooks go for more than $5 for a decent size one.

LAST suggestion: write smaller, that way you won't waste any paper ;-) !

May 11, 05 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

archi - thank you! jesus...i thought my new freakish obsession with Moleskine was ridiculous...

May 11, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

just make one. buy a ream of cheap copy paper, some cardboard for the cover, take it to kinko's and get it bound. probably cost you about 10 bucks max

May 12, 05 3:14 am  · 
 · 
momentum

...10 bucks max, plus gas = 27.50 when you drive the MACcivic.

May 12, 05 10:04 am  · 
 · 
e

yep, tha'st already over MACs budget. he wants this thing that is not a sketchbook, but really is a sketchbook for under $5.

May 12, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Have you looked in a dollar store? They often have very poor quality "art supplies" including sketch books. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for.
Another thought: why don't you just get a small looseleaf binder and a 3-hole punch. Then you can fill it with an endless supply of whatever cheap paper you like.

May 12, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
MACattack

Here is an update . . .

I tried the toilet paper. It worked with with pen but pencil just ripped the paper. Now all it is good for is making Frank G look-a-likes.

I tried the buy some copy paper and get some cover materials and take it to Kinkos and -shasta- you have a book of bound paper. The card board cover idea. . . not good.

The best suggestion is going to a dollar store and buying some cheap books. GOOD IDEA Aluminate. You truely did aluminate me. I will try that and let you know.

MACattack

May 13, 05 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

MAC, I'm impressed that you managed to keep your sense of humor about this - I've been laughing my a** off as I read...

May 14, 05 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: