Archinect
anchor

autocad vs. vectorworks

j lotus

anyone have any hints, tips, general suggestions on going from being 'well versed' in autocad to 'learning how to draft' in vectorworks?

May 10, 05 8:18 pm
ahr ki tehkt

i would jump right in with some tutorials. vectorworks lists some 3rd party training manuals on its website. Perhaps try the Visual Quickstart guide might be your best bet. Also, in my office we use video training CDs to help lessen the learning curve amongst the uninitiated. If you're interested in doing some 3d try this free tutorial. The topic is stage/set design, but is effective nonetheless. good luck!

May 10, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
j lotus

thanks for the info, I've been searching online for some tutorials, downloads, also, its for an earlier version, 8.5. I'll try this out, cheers.

May 10, 05 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
geno

i made the same jump.
my office also did the CD's and hired a guy to teach us.
i'd say just start drafting with the basic tools but do some reading on using layers and classes. classes are the key to fast vectorworks - although a bit confusing.

May 11, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: