Archinect
anchor

Miami anyone?

bdonn

Anyone here from Miami? I'm here for another week and I want to know what I should check out.

Already went to see the Rubell Family Collection and also the Museum of Contemporary Art.

Also, I heard Nikki Beach is pretty hot on the weekends. Worth checking out or are there better places?

May 5, 05 10:49 pm
anotherquestion

margulies collection
bass musem (sometimes)
pool at the delano
pool+skybar at the shore club
joe stone crab
local bar: deuce
cuban food (everywhere, anywhere)
cafe con leche
flamingo mall (all thrift)
Miami Performing Arts Center - oma (is it done?)
all of the deco hotels on Collins Ave
german tourists

and...the beach

May 5, 05 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
bdonn

Pool at the Delano was absolutely stunning.

May 5, 05 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

never thought i'd love miami
but i do

May 5, 05 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
honorthebrick

I'm from Miami...Nikki Beach is ok..Getting a bit played out. Nikki Marina accross from the Diplomat hotel (a very nice hotel) is Hallandale Beach is worth checking out fridays. It's a slightly different crowd than South Beach..

The Delano is cool, not only the pool but the Rose bar in the lobby as well. Ask for Sean or Tommy, they've been bartending there forever. If you're a big spender, the sunday is brunch at $60/person is worth it.

The Miami Performing Arts Center by Cesar Pelli is almost done. Mac's Club Deuce on 14th street between Washington Ave. and Collins is cool but you have to like that type of crowd. Very local and very diverse crowd.

Lincoln Road is a nice place to eat, shop and just hang out. Plenty of restaurants and bars. Tomorrow night, Doraku on the west end is cool for happy hour. And if the weather is nice, Monty's on 4th and Alton Road is also a cool place. Local crowd and fresh seafood.

It depends on what you want to do for the week.

May 6, 05 12:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: