Archinect
anchor

Buzzards Bay "Competition"

asuehtkcuf

Is it not ironic that all the 'winners' at the Buzzards bay Competition happen to be Americans? Is it not even more ironic that all winners are somehow conected to schools where members of the jury are active? Of all the international entires not even one was deemed good enough to win even the slimmest prize? Should internationals even bother to work for these American competitions? It feels like this whole great 'ideas' competition was simply fixed. But I can just be a little bit paranoid.
Thoughts and Comments?

May 5, 05 7:41 am
pasqul

perhaps the students of the judges and locals better understood the design problem than people who've never been to the site. buzzards bay has a complex history and a very very intense social position in New England. I did not enter the competition, but i am not at all surprised that people with the best connections to the community and jury won, because I know how complex that area is a social and economic sub-hub. It would have taken extensive research for someone not familiar with the site to grasp some of its more suble complexities.

Sep 1, 05 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
bawmis

as opposed to al those international competitions won by americans. seems like there are plenty of international competitions especially in europe to give small young firms there plenty of more engaging projects to work on and a fighting chance at recognition. i wish i could say the same opportunity exists in the state. its not unfair. you just lost deal with it. and by the way fucktheeu. and you dont have to even read that in the mirror. creative name. maybe if you entered it as the title of the competition you would have won.

Sep 2, 05 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: