Archinect
anchor

Plans for the Summer?

bigness

Aaaaaah, the summer, the time of year when the weather is nice enough for us to stand in front of the Barcelona pavillion while those buggers film yet another car advert...

So, the academic year is drawing to a close (about fecking time), but even you cad monkey out there will have some hard earned holidays to spare...

so, what are your plans for the summer?

your truly will be flying back home to start a long, hard road to revive italian Architecture from its coma

(translated:i'm off to look for an internship for the summer)

May 5, 05 6:27 am
barbaric

Riccardo, which city will you be looking for an inter, err, I mean revival platform for Italian Architecture? In rome there is Ian+ and metrogramma which are kinda doing what your admirable intentions are aspiring to (about time no?!?!?). I worked for a summer at Studio Valle (big firm, small pay)........dunno much about milan firms although there is a lot of construction going on there. Ohh, and don't forget the man himself, il signor Renzo Piano (good luck getting to his remote gorgeous office up the hill).

May 5, 05 6:41 am  · 
 · 
bigness

i haven't decided yet...i'm based in bologna, and there is cucinella there who i wouldn't mind, then there is obviously fuksas, ian+ and metrog. in rome...

For this summer is only going to be a 4 months thing (i have to go back to london for the final year) so i guess i will be taking whatever comes along to gain some experience, but eventually i think renzino piano is the top of my list, fuksas a close second, and then anything to do with university, if i could get my foot in the door of any design workshop it would be great.

ultimately i guess it's just about knowing the right people:)

how was working at Valle? are you from the beautiful country or did you just stumble upon it?

May 5, 05 6:59 am  · 
 · 
barbaric

my mother is from il Bel Paese and so I go there any chance I get to visit relatives (atleast once a year). I'm stopping in Rome for a week or two before going to america for grad school, so if you're in the neighborhood we can meet up.....

Regarding summer plans, I might get to go visit roman ruins/towns in Jordan and Syria if I get funding from my school!

Valle? Friendly people, worked there summer of 2001, did a little cad drafting and designed their website.

May 5, 05 7:07 am  · 
 · 
bigness

when are you off to rome?

have you got the link for the valle website?

can't google it...

May 5, 05 7:15 am  · 
 · 
barbaric

if they haven't changed it, it should be www.studiovalle.com
the only thing that slightly pissed me off was that they wanted me to make a website, but they didn't want to buy flash 4 (at the time). I had to do the whole thing on a crappy computer with the trial version! Mind you, this is one of the few firsm I know that can actually say it's doing pretty well financially.
Fuksas is right downtown near Largo Argentina/Campo de Fiori area.
I should be visiting the eternal city early or mid-july (depends also on when I get my student visa for usa). By the way, the Bartlett is great man, was thinking about going there, but didn't get in!

May 5, 05 8:24 am  · 
 · 
bigness

uhm, the bartlett is great if you get in the right unit.
i have to go to rome to see a friend, so i should be around in that period, giver me a buzz when you know the dates.

apologies to all for the private nature this thread has taken!

May 5, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: