Archinect
anchor

popular softwares

ms81

hey all,
what are the most popular softwares used for drawing and rendeering, besides auto cad and 3d max?
how important is the knowledge of photoshop, illustrator and other graphics programs???

May 4, 05 10:34 pm
Luis Fraguada

it depends on what you want to do. If you want to be a coroner, then no, photoshop and illustrator will not be that important . . . at least last time I checked it wasn't a requirement.

if you are in any sort of visually creative field, the importance of graphics programs will vary. For architecture, I would say it is pretty damn good to know em. If you are looking for a job, knowing AutoCAD will help. FormZ, 3d Studio Max, Maya, Rhino, Cinema 4D, Blender, etc, etc would be good to know too. Pick one or two and get to know em.

May 4, 05 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
xpondilus

wisof is right. Depends on what you wanna do,but some tools are really handy, for, specially an architecture student.
my advice: get 3d max, install vray. you can start making some bucks (at least some extra bread). photoshop is a life saver, learn it , you get to use it for everything, fixing your camera shot, enhacing renderings, outsourcing (image)plotting files, etc, etc, etc. Ive learned freehand lately, and is really handy for diagrams. But if you wanna learn a really cool modelling tool , get rhino. its the faster (fastest?) way to model anything. blender is an open source program, that means its free, but as far as Ive heard its learning curve is slow, and a very restricted program. BUT if you get to handle it , youll save a problem for any possible job interview, cause youll be installing a license free program at your office comp. did I mention to get vray?

(sorry for my inglish.)

May 5, 05 1:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: