Archinect
anchor

Sanford Kwinter ...

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

... is speaking at UCLA on May 9th. Here's the link ....

I think he kinda looks like the guy from Eraserhead.

May 4, 05 1:17 am
juan moment

I've always thought he kind of looks like Lyle Lovett.

May 4, 05 2:07 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

one currently in Houston ... the other from Houston....

May 4, 05 2:24 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

he'd come to ucla 3 years back..i have to say i did not understand jackshit in what he was talking

May 4, 05 2:41 am  · 
 · 

definitely a lyle lovett lookalike.

Always enjoy Kwinter's stuff (lyle ain't bad either, for that mater), even if it can take a bit of effort to get into at times. But that is what he is paid for ennit? wouldn't do for a philosophy-dude to make sense at all times now would it.

May 4, 05 8:43 am  · 
 · 
kylemiller

you got it all wrong. sanford kwinter = sideshow bob.

i saw him speak at a symposium in ann arbor last year, very mesmorising (sp) and captivating.. in a good way.

May 4, 05 9:32 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

you be the jury

May 4, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
lush

I say the resemblance to sideshow bob is unbeatable!

May 4, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

see, told you so

May 4, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

how about this one?

May 4, 05 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

how about this one?

May 4, 05 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
JG

I watched him get into it with Peter Eisenman et al at the ANYthing conference a few years back. He skooled them all.

May 4, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
k04

I saw him at a symposium about a year ago, and thought he was pretty good. At first, yes, the resemblance to Lyle is striking. But then, during the other speakers, he kept turning around in his seat and scowling at the audience - a Sideshow Bob dead giveaway.

May 4, 05 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
NSJ

I saw him about a month ago. He showed up without a prepared talk, no notes, no slides, nothing. He was also sick with what seemed to be a bad head cold (he had to stop about five minutes in and take a ten minute break to have a banana and get some fresh air). Once he got started however he put together an amazing near rant having to do with space and the animal. In my opinion, don't miss him.

May 4, 05 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: