Archinect
anchor

dogs @ work

3ifs

i brought my dog to work with me today (boss is out of town)... has anyone else ever brought thier buddy to the office with them?

i am thinking of having him sit in the boss's chair and snapping a pic of him 'working.' its either that, or teach him to work the cad station.

May 3, 05 9:34 am
BOTS

you should have brought a monkey, they are better at CAD than canines.

May 3, 05 10:10 am  · 
 · 
bigness

a new proffessional figure: the cad dog.

is not as good at pumping cad as the monkey, but it makes the boss feel special, and licks his hands and wiggles its tail when he's about...hey, wait...

May 3, 05 10:21 am  · 
 · 
archie

I had a boss that brought his dog to work everyday. There were some funny stories, like the time he took the dog to a client's house and it shit on the living room hearth. The dog also was afraid of thunder, and when there was a storm, it sat in the tiny restroom and you couldn't use it. It also begged for food, and you had to share your lunch. Interns got to "walk the dog"! this was in the city, so clean up was part of the chore. The dog would also bark at clients when they came in the door. Scared quite a few.

May 3, 05 10:53 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i worked for a guy who brought his dog in every day. he'd make the associates walk it. I still laugh thinking about how they must've felt agreeing to do that....

May 3, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
e

i bring my dog to work everyday. i just wish i could work as hard as her >> lula hard at work

May 3, 05 11:48 am  · 
 · 
form64

i had a bosses wife who brought her Lhasa Apso (pocket sized hair ball dog) to work. She had a baby fence across her cube to hold him in when she left. He would yap the whole time she was gone so we would take binder clip and pull the dog's ears over his eyes and clip them together by the hair. the dog would not move an inch or bark until we took it off. we had to just rush to remove it when we heard her come in the front door!

May 3, 05 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

my prodigy... i am so proud.

May 3, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

oh, and btw form64... you are a mean bastard. :P

May 3, 05 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

We have two dogs at work: one that lives here full time, and one that the boss brings in every day. Today we have three dogs at work, since the IT person also brought her dog. They seem to get along.

May 3, 05 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I knew one guy with a Lhasa Apso and he called it "Mies" ( think about the face). I always thought it was pretty funny.

May 3, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

e,

lula is so cute

May 3, 05 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

thx doctor. she's a super smart mutt. a friend rescued her from the streets in a small town in mexico. she was a malnourioused and beaten 5lb pup. they got her cleaned up. got a vet to give her shots and paper work to get her across the boarder. took her back to san francisco. sent me pics in an email, and i told them i'd take her. they put her on an air cargo plane 2 days later.

May 4, 05 11:48 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

e, i remember her pics before/after/during her rescue that you posted on here a while back....!! she looks really street-smart too!!

I am thinking of getting a rescue dog for myself, but because of my crazy schedules, i think i will get it to work everyday. I work in a 3-person office, so no one really minds.

But am nervous because if i change jobs, the other offices might not allow animals in the workplace. Anyone have any experiences of animals in relatively large sized offices???

May 4, 05 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
e

doctor, it could probably be a problem in a small or large office. when i was at frog, they had about 30-40 ppl in the office. there were a few dogs. big and small. then they hired someone who was allergic to them. all dogs had to go home.

that said, i have friends who leave their dogs at home. some hire a dog walker a couple times a week to come by in the middle of the day so that they can get some time outside and with other dogs.

i would not get a high energy dog or one that needs a lot of attention like a jack russel. they can become destructive if they get bored, and it doesn't take much for them to become that way.

May 4, 05 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

I found our office dog Froði (Frodo) to be most amiable - nice to have this guy remind you just to chill out - it's only life - take it easy :)

http://www.archinect.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=63

May 4, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: