Archinect
anchor

powers of ten

French

I watched the movie of the Eames this week end, and for no particular reason did a google search on them. I guess that I'm not the first one to notice that the death of Charles happened exactly ten years before the death of ray. One can only wander about the reality of the relation between that and their fascination towards the simple beauty of the metric system, that they beautifully presented in "powers of the ten". Anybody knows more about that?

May 2, 05 5:28 am
oe

oh hubbub, we should be on a base-12 number system anyway...

jk, yea powers of ten is mesmerizing, :)

May 2, 05 5:36 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, this film is great. anyone know where i can get it on dvd?

May 2, 05 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

facets.com

anyone seen the newer version of it?

May 2, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
French

Yeah this film is great, but what about the fact that their death dates are TEN YEARS EXACTLY appart? How is that possible? Did ray killed herslef to make it even? Anybody knows more?

May 2, 05 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

aha, found it on amazon

May 2, 05 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
hckybg

It was just the improbability of probability, another phenomenon they liked to explore. They both had natural deaths. But it's less likely a coincidence than that of the death of their hero, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams, both of whom died on July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of American independence.

May 2, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
norm

coincidences happen all the time.
when i was in high school there was a kid whose father died on the same exact day, and when he was the same age that his father was (the grandfather) when he died. so everyone assumed this kid was going to do the same. hmm - wonder what ever happened to that guy?

May 2, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I had a crush on Ray Eames when I was a kid.

May 2, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
CalebRichers

SHE WAS A REAL "10"

May 2, 05 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
oe

hyuk!

May 2, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
May 2, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
May 2, 05 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

She's sooooo cute ...

Eames' Christmas Card

May 2, 05 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Whoaa ... try that again ....

May 2, 05 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: