Archinect
anchor

Jewelry design job?

Toby

How do you get in the jewelry design industry? Any ideas or suggestions? NYC?

Apr 29, 05 4:26 pm
form64

not sure how get in the jewelery industry. but personally, i think architects can benefit from being involved in other design fields to broaden their horizons.

i've worked doing graphic design, clothing design, bicycle design, and furniture design. i also did some jewelery on my own through a silversmith as well as design of machined aftermarket car accessories in my shop.

good luck!

Apr 29, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
surface

One of my graphic design clients is a major jewelry design company w. offices in SoHo. Email me & I can try to get you their HR info.

Apr 29, 05 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Toby

Thank you for the responses!

Does anyone have an idea how does the jewelry design world work? What is different and what can be expected? I know the Names of the major design houses BUT where do they produce their designs?

Apr 29, 05 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
Toby

Susan Surface: I e-mailed you last week but got no responce. Do you use the e-mail address listed on Archinect?

Thank you,
Toby

May 2, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

They mostly produce their designs abraod. If I were you, I would get really serious because that industry is realy uptight. It is very hard to get started i nthe jewelry industry.

May 2, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Hey Toby. I just got your email... I saw your email address and dyslexicized it - i read "panty" instead of "panayt" and figured it was junk. Haha.

May 2, 05 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Toby

Architkd:

Could you elaborate more on the subject.
Do you mean that it is a closed society where everyone knows everyone. Or that you have to come from a school such as RISD , or have connections. What are your observations?

May 4, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: