Archinect
anchor

new 24" Color HP plotter -$420

9SquareGrid

Just thought I'd pass this deal on...

Most arch students don't even consider buying a plotter b/c of cost. But at $10-20 per print and countless prints per semester it doesn't take long for a plotter to pay for itself...especially at this price.

This is a tabletop model (and it's BIG). The rollfeed attachment and automatic paper cutter is optional and expensive ($300-350) but you can make your own for about $3 using PVC pipe, then buy the cutter seperately for about $40-$50 through HP parts. The cutter is super easy to install (1 screw).

You can definately use it without a roll-feed, but cut-sheet paper at Arch D size is harder to find and more expenive than a 24" roll. Plus it's nice to have the flexibility to print longer prints. (you can print up to 24" by 50 feet)

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=462826&highlight_key=y&keyword1=designjet

Apr 28, 05 12:35 pm
FRO

HP says that model is discontinued, but as long as the warranty is good and you can still buy ink and heads, what else matters?

We use a DesignJet 100 at the office where I work, and I like it. Plus, HP warranty rocks- FedEx overnight replacement- even to the boonies!!

Apr 28, 05 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
9SquareGrid

The deal is now dead... I hope someone was able to get in on it...

Apr 28, 05 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: