Archinect
anchor

Aichi World Expo

guiggster

Has anyone heard any buzz about the Expo in Aichi, Japan? I'm living in Japan this year and want to check it out, but I've been hearing bad things about it. However, i'm not connected to any architectural community besides archinect, and the people coming back from the expo don't have an interest in architecture. Is there any buzz coming from it that you've heard (must see pavilions, etc.)?

Apr 26, 05 4:14 am
dada76

I think that the spanish pavilion could be a good place to visit. The Pavilion is from Zaera's FOA, and it will host in july and common exhibition between spanish-japanese architects called Eurasia Extrema. Among the exhibitors: abalos&Herreros+Shigeru Ban, Zaera+Sanaa, Nieto&Sobejano+Jun Aoki....
maybe it is nice, but i havent been there yet...

Apr 26, 05 5:08 am  · 
 · 

a group of my architect friends went last month and were absolutely silent about it on their return. Seems they thought it was ok, if not great. My feeling was that walking down the street round omotesando (tokyo's version of the champs elysee) offered better architecture than the expo.

My wife wasnts to see it so guess i will know myself in a month or so. The mag-lev train seems cool enough...that spanish pavilion sounds like it could be worth a look too.

Apr 26, 05 7:33 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

Anyone go to the Hanover 2000 Expo? I was there, but I was a young recent high school grad punk hanging out with German exchange students. I even passed p the Japan pavilion because the line was too long. It hurts to think about now. That's why I feel obligated to hit up the Aichi expo.

Apr 26, 05 7:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: