Archinect
anchor

Computer Games

siggers

So archipeople, any of you out there suckers for a computer game?

I find it necessary to stop all work and divulge in multiplayer shoot-em-ups about....every three hours... :S

Current favourite time wasting game: Battlefield 1942
Previous favourite time wasting game: Rainbow Six: Raven Shield

Apr 23, 05 8:00 pm
Brim

..used to play both in college, plus Counter-Strike, the biggest vortex pc game ever. I got married, had kids, and lost all interest in video games. I'm addicted to work now. =)

Apr 23, 05 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS
PONG
Apr 23, 05 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

there used to be a Finnish motorcycle trials game online that used what seemed to be a fairly realistic physics model and was extremely addictive.

Wow, SBC would have a field day with that 'sentence'.

Anyhow, it only used the 4 arrow keys: up & down for throttle, left & right for weight distributuion. Oddly fascinating.

Apr 23, 05 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
cSquared

Signum- Ahhhh, yes.

Battlefield 1942- Desert Combat Final.

A few friends of mine and I play it pretty often. Fun stuff. If you play the DC version, let me know. I'll give you my sig ...

Apr 23, 05 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

any ladies want to play twister?

Apr 23, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
barbaric

grand theft auto series, rome:total war, winning eleven 8.......

that's all I need to vent out everything. I wonder how many people play(ed) sim city, being the closest game (the only game more like it) that represents what we do (or what we're trying to do).....

Apr 23, 05 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

I fire up a nintendo emulator and try to complete games I never finished as a mere child. How could an 8 year old be expected to complete Metroid? Well, not this 8 year old, I mean, when I was 8 . . . which I am not. I swear.
So, yeah, finally got that under my belt. After I beat a game though, I tend not to play it much more. I think that is why I do it, so I never have to play the game again, thus waste the time to beat it. man, thats weird. working on Blaster Master.

Apr 23, 05 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

i second Counter-Strike and i was a Starcraft junkie too... sigh... those were the good old days

Apr 24, 05 1:20 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

NHL 1993 for Sega Genesis.

Okay, I've just aged myself.

Apr 24, 05 1:31 am  · 
 · 
cSquared

NHL '93-'94 is a classic !

Apr 24, 05 1:35 am  · 
 · 
SPELLING BEE CHAMPION

Apr 24, 05 1:35 am  · 
 · 
siggers

lol

Apr 24, 05 6:26 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Counter strike...man....tell me about that one, I lost way too much of first year to that - vortex is the word!

cSquared - if I ever do spend some money on a game, I'll spend it on the full version of BF - I only play the multiplayer demo - I have to play Hokaido Island again and again and again!

I think some sort of global movement needs to be started to 'un-geekify' games - I think half an hour playing a complex game with people around the world is no less sad than watching Coronation St or some other godawful soap.

Not that I'm a geek ;-)

Apr 24, 05 6:29 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

...is no less sad than watching Coronation St. - high aspirations indeed!

Apr 24, 05 8:05 am  · 
 · 
Oana S.

i'm always in for a good quest!
i highly recommend syberia 1+2, longest journey, black mirror, grim fandango.
Now i'm waiting for 'still life' (great demmo!).

Apr 24, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Oana S.

i started a decade ago with prince of persia 2d. neat!

Apr 24, 05 11:05 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

how can computer gaming be called geeky when it is an industry bigger than hollywood?

Apr 24, 05 11:40 am  · 
 · 
e

Katamari Damacy >> mindless, architectural, and super fun. wait til you roll over cities and pick up all the buildings.

Apr 24, 05 11:57 am  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

I mostly play AutoCAD these days, sometimes Rhino. God, I've waisted years doing it.

Does that make me a geek?

Apr 24, 05 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Although, my mom has a Super Pong (with four different games) and a matching, filet-cornered black and white TV to go with it. It plugs into the coax hook up for an additional antenna, all Radio-Shack ‘n shit. She bought it at a garage sale because she though it looked “neat”.

If I have any cool genes I got them from her.

Apr 24, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

Sorry guys, I think some have managed to pollute my head with the idea that playing games makes one a geek - but now I realise it does not 8-)

Apr 24, 05 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

YES! Katamari Damacy!! I looooooove that game!! Gotat love those craaazy japanese.

Apr 24, 05 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
e

indeed tzenyujuei.

Apr 24, 05 6:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: