Archinect
anchor

Autocad help :) Countour inbetweens?

siggers

Greetings,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a line in autocad which is created by the median of the two around it. This would help me greatly in creating approximations of contour lines inbwetween those that I have. This is for uni so it doesn't have to be accurate or anything. This sounds like such a handy thing I hope autocad has been clever and thought of it!

I have used splines for the contours.

Cheers.

Apr 22, 05 9:58 am
el jeffe

not built into ACAD, to my knowledge. It'd be kinda complex because you'd have to specify the conditions for generating the new line - position calculated based upon a normal to the frst, or the second, or some other orientation. Perhaps a civil or landscape package has a subroutine...sorry.

Apr 22, 05 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

not in basic a-cad that I am aware of. this drives me nuts as well. civil engineers that we work with have these capabilities though for sure.

Apr 22, 05 10:17 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

you need Autodesk Envision to do what you ask.

Apr 22, 05 10:22 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Bollox. Well thanks guys, much appreciated, at least know I can stop hoping. I really wish Autocad would add stuff like this...

I have Mechanical Desktop as well as Archi, don't know if that helps...

Apr 22, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

just draw an approximated spline between the contours... it shouldn't take too long, unless you have a thousand contour lines. if it doesn't have to be exact, thats how i would do it.

Apr 22, 05 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

I have a lot of contour lines, a LOT of contour lines - my site is in the Swiss mountains!

Will just go manual on this one I spose :(

Apr 22, 05 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: