Archinect
anchor

New York

swamprat

Does anyone know where I would be able to find the building sizes and topo maps for downtown Manhattan near the WTC site?

I want to do a massing model of the buildings around the WTC site but cant find any info on building height or size.

Apr 20, 05 2:16 pm
fakeid

i've seen exactly what you're looking for, but i don't know if you can get it. i saw this program about 911 on the history channel where engineers from hunter college were summoned urgently after the incident to create a detailed and accurate map around the wtc for rescue workers. helicopters were used to scan the site with laser and buildings were plotted and rendered to an accurary of +- inches. it was astounding.

contact the history channel.

Apr 20, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

if you don't find specific info about the buildings in Manhattan, you can always take the VIVA tour from The Skyscraper Museum.. they already modeled Manhattan, though their info is only about skyscrapers..

Visual Index to the Virtual Archive

Apr 20, 05 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Sean!

if your in new york try the map room at the public library

Apr 21, 05 9:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: