Archinect
anchor

Scandanavian Timber Storage Bldg

antipod

I remember seeing photos of a timber storage facility in Scandinavia somewhere with a facade made up on hundreds of timber fins wrapping over what is essentially a big shed.

I cannot for the life or me find a link to any pictures on the net. Does anybody know where I can find some?

Thanks.

Apr 20, 05 11:07 am
pinuproom

is it this?
(alright, i know it's not in scandinavia, but...)
chp plant in switzerland by pierre bonnet
was in 2G magazine, "Architecture and Energy" No. 18, 2001

image from:
http://www.ggili.com/2g.cfm?IDPUBLICACION=45_EN

Apr 20, 05 11:17 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Not quite. I do like the Dr. Who-esque power pylons on that page tho.

Thanks for the reply.

Apr 20, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Those wacky Scandinavians sure do love their timber. What will they think up with next?

Apr 20, 05 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

I managed to find it purely by accident:

http://www.baumschlager-eberle.com/default.asp?lang=2&page=1&view=4&data=34

Apr 22, 05 8:28 am  · 
 · 
a-f

brush up your geography knowledge...

Apr 22, 05 8:54 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Why?

Apr 22, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

probably because boehen is in germany...which isn't
scandinavia...

Apr 22, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

well wherever its located, it looks like a beautiful building... that night shot really did it for me.

Apr 23, 05 12:39 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Aye, the day/night/screen effect is where it's at, IT DA SHIT, oh yeah, know whad am sayun? 8-)

Apr 23, 05 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

a-f - If i knew exactly where it was I wouldn't have needed to ask for help would I? At least pinuproom had a crack at it instead of trying to be a smart ass.

And yeah, it does look cool. I was trying to find it as a really great and simple example of timber slat rain-screen kinda cladding for another project in the office.

These guys have done some awesome buildings. I think I want to move to Austria now.

Apr 25, 05 4:18 am  · 
 · 
a-f

Relax antipod, I just find phenomenae like these problematic.

Apr 25, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
a-f

... and as a scandinavian I feel a bit offended! ;)

Apr 25, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

"• Only 71 percent of the surveyed Americans could locate
on the map the Pacific Ocean, the world's largest body of water. Worldwide, three in 10 of those surveyed could not correctly
locate the Pacific Ocean."

is it just me or does this say that americans are actually a bit
above average?

Apr 25, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

No worries a-f, I understand your concern...and your offence. I'm no Phileas Fogg but thankfully I do know where America is, and Iraq, and my own country which apparently isn't important to 11% of Americans (now THAT is scary!). When at home I could swim in the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea inside the same hour if I was so inclined. Thats my kind of geography!

Anyway, I only remembered the building from a mag, and could have sworn it was in Norway or Denmark, so I opted for a regional search instead. I'll pay more attention next time.

No hard feelings?

Peace and love to everyone who knows what country they are in.

Apr 25, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

PhiNeas Fogg is deeply offended now...

Apr 25, 05 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Yeah well, watch me while I don't care :)

Apr 26, 05 4:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: