Archinect
anchor

So who else wants to work at this firm??

ScottMSchultz
http://www.jtarchitect.com/homeflash.htm

I know I do!l

Apr 20, 05 10:21 am
sweet em

Pixelated pictures combined with repetitious music a never fail combination. Add a image of a project done 500 years ago on another continent and you're on your way to greatness.

Apr 20, 05 10:38 am  · 
 · 
ScottMSchultz

haha, i thought the web site was especially nice.

Apr 20, 05 10:39 am  · 
 · 
st.
jonathan gay

would be rolling over in his grave.

...if he were dead.

...which he isn't.

...i don't think.

Apr 20, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
st.

i think i hear spelling bee champion buzzing around my previous post. go away! shoo!

Apr 20, 05 11:07 am  · 
 · 
meversusyou

between the six minute intro and the misspellings and the misaligned photos... sign me up.

so that actually flies as a website down in good ole boca?

remind me never to go there.

Apr 20, 05 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

please tell me that is a joke. I couldn't even stand the whole intro i had to quit out and take a deap breath.

Apr 20, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

wow, I can't hit the site . . . 404 error. They must have realized it was bad?

Apr 20, 05 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

never mind . . . I think it is trying to load now

Apr 20, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
RankStranger

Sadly enough, there's worse. Much, much worse.

Apr 20, 05 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
adso

Jaw dropping...

Sometimes I wish somebody like NCARB could have the power to revoke an architecture license when they saw something that was such an affront to architecture and design that the person(s) responsible shouldn't be allowed to practice.

That's a pretty good example.

Really, based on the myriad of things wrong with that site, would anyone want to hand that firm thousands of dollars to design a building of quality? Apparently, somebody has, but sheesh.

Apr 20, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

whats up with the obsession with the Villa Rotunda?
even the thumbnails are pixelated!

should someone contact them, or is it a lost cause?

Apr 20, 05 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
cSquared

lol............recipe for disaster:

one part: new age background music

add: futuristic-robot sounds

add: faded yellow victorian-era interior images

Stir in Flash and entertain your friends for hours.....or at least until they get a headache

Apr 20, 05 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
kreynolds

Wow, i cant believe this has made it to Archinect, it was emailed around my office last week. The number on the website is incorrect, so if you're looking to call you'll have to look up the number yourselves.

They're not hiring, but if you express enough interest they might just point you to their private portfolio which is even better than the website.

Apr 20, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
barbaric

sounds like a sci-fi movie soundtrack, and yes, they seem really obsessed with the villa rotunda.......

Apr 20, 05 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

villa rotunda segway into some grab-ass South Beach Condo Development...ah, i see the connection. wait, no i don't.

this is what happens when the partner's son stops scraping bong resin and starts taking community college web design courses.

Apr 20, 05 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

I like it. It is unlike anything else I have ever seen. I think Rem can use this for his next Content.

Apr 20, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
form64

No one is this cheesey in real life. Really.

And they are licensed???? Unbelievable...

Apr 20, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

hey, when you are that good at architecture you dont even have to worry about spelling things right.

rule #28

expand your lexicon why dont ya.

Apr 20, 05 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

It's funny how all of us know that this sucks, but most people would think it was acceptable, if not "neat"!

Apr 20, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
ScottMSchultz

i dont understand how they could have let that site slide for representing their firm...

Apr 20, 05 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

wow...I'm speechless. That sight was out of control. I can't imagine any principal looking at that site and going "yeah...this is exactly what we want to represent us!"

Apr 20, 05 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

it sounds more like castlevania.

Apr 20, 05 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

i bet my mom would love that site, and all my aunts, and probably some of my uncles, and a lot of my friends..... all outside of the profession.... and thats the problem, a lot of the architecture they think is cool is a nice mcmansion or a condo development down by the river..... they would never appreciate a minimalist loft in manhatten. they would think it is boring.

these people also like clip art, walmart, and mini-vans with fold down seats. so how does our 2% or less of the population (design professionals) tell these people this stuff is not okay, it sucks. i question our profession a lot on the grounds that we have to spend a lot of our time validating our opinions. when 98% of the population could give a rip about our passion how can we validate 60 hour work weeks.....

dont get me wrong, i love putting forth effort to change peoples minds, but do any of you have these similar thoughts..... whats so bad about a $120,000 spec house for my grandparents who dont care about architecture or aesthetics and want to live in a neighborhood where everything looks fairly similar and they can wave to their neighbors when they are out feeding the birds.... any thoughts on this? archvoices did a essay competition on this and there were some great submittals. i also think the 1% solution is a great step forward to pass along our visions to every lunch box joe out there who sits in his cubical all day working in excel, comes home to his family of 4, pays bills, and helps his kids with their homework.. and then does this 240 more days every year.

how do we get more people on our team?

Apr 20, 05 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Wait, these guys built the Villa Rotonda, and they design custom woodwork??????

Apr 20, 05 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Worse than a black velvet painting .... it's a black velvet painting of a black velvet painting ...

Apr 20, 05 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

wouldnt it be ironic if this firm had more work then they can handle. There are pleanty of people out there that like that kind of crap.

Apr 20, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Saturn

Makes me want to see the new starwars film.

Apr 21, 05 12:12 am  · 
 · 
ScottMSchultz

it is hard to believe that there are actually people that like that kind of stuff. I wonder if they did research to find out the ratio of people that like that stuff and the people that dont like it?

Apr 21, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
ferplexion

awesome! we need more of this in this profession!

bold! fearless! a man of the people, but with his own ideas! someone not afraid to stand up to the self-appointed design elite!

kudos to mr. jt!

Apr 21, 05 4:21 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i love the sinister music during the intro. what's really funny is that you don't even know who this person is, do you call up and say i want to speak with jtarchitect??

Apr 21, 05 7:54 am  · 
 · 
siggers

LOL! haaaaaahahahahaa funniest thing I have seen in quite some time.

Sending it to all my arhifriends...

Apr 21, 05 8:32 am  · 
 · 
kyll

oh that was just hilarious

what was funnier was reading you guys' comments- THOSE are funny.

hard to beat in fact. so I'll refrain from trying to top and rate the funniest so far:

1- "Worse than a black velvet painting .... it's a black velvet painting of a black velvet painting ..."

2- "No one is this cheesey in real life. Really."

3- "...the firm compbines uniques skills..." how can you argue with a
pitch like that?

and finally

4- "i know jtarchitects! how dare you all?? so what that the principal wears argyle tri-colored socks and has an overhead fm/am built in headphones from 1989! so what his main client is the checker's hamburger franchise? do you think you can do better? i dont think so!! and take a look at his senior citizens' home in louisiana- it has a fountain in the driveway! take that!!!"

Apr 21, 05 11:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Looks like Michael Flatley got his architect's license.

Apr 21, 05 11:15 am  · 
 · 
kyll

ok so i made that last one up.

Apr 21, 05 11:28 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Florida License AA0003497...

Imagine the kind of guy that this website is about. We should get Archinect to do a feature on him. Full interview and writeup. His inspiration, formative years, goals and views.

Apr 21, 05 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
speechless
Apr 21, 05 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

lol @ speechless, very drole ;)

Apr 21, 05 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

People think he's cool for the same reason they think cubic zirconias from Walmart are cool.
I bet jt is a wildly sucessful architect (success meaning having clients and meeting their needs and making money doing it).
Ignorance is bliss.
Now get down off your high horse, put some Yanni in the boom box, "realize your dreams" and design some palladian arches and tray ceilings like you know you want to!

Apr 22, 05 10:27 am  · 
 · 
kyll

uhm Strawbeary ....theres a really hot designer from my firm who likes yanni....should i change my opinion of her now?

Apr 22, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i think that intro was yanni, that's all. your call kyll.

Apr 22, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

I'm going to have to agree with Strawbeary, Yanni is a HUGE black mark in my book, regardless of how hot a lady may be - kinda like how a Slayer shirt can improve a woman's looks...

Apr 22, 05 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
ether

any archinectors from boca? we need to find out who this guy is and if he is hiring.

Apr 22, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Pixel ... are you comparing Slayer to Yanni? BLASPHEMER!!!! Everyone knows Slayer is waaaayyy heavier than Yanni.

Apr 22, 05 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Whoaaa ... here's some hard-hitting journalism from The Boca Raton News, from the very same town that brought you JT Architects.

Apr 22, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: