Archinect
anchor

plastic laptop backpacks

svalev

I am looking for a well designed plastic backpack.
Do you guys have any suggestions for companies that make
such backpacks.

Apr 13, 05 11:19 pm
architecturegeek

Why plastic?
If it's for weather-resistance I would suggest North Face's bomber gear one's.
I have one and it stands up to water pretty well and they are coated in pvc.

Product Page

Apr 14, 05 12:37 am  · 
 · 
ElTomas

i work in the entertainment industry.. these cases will save your laptop if you so happen to drop it from the roof of a ten story building..

Apr 14, 05 12:41 am  · 
 · 
ElTomas
http://www.cases.tv/

ooppss here is the link..

Apr 14, 05 12:42 am  · 
 · 
Silent Disapproval Robot
questions/comments concerning possible inconsistencies?;

"9-11 CONNECTION: Bush never said Saddam attacked us on 9-11, or ever implied it. Fools may have read that into what he was saying, but only because of their ignorance."

We didnt have to read anything into it, Cheney and Rumsfeld explained it to us.

"WMD: Bush was simply carrying Bush I, Clinton, & the UN's torch. The whole world (except Kucinich & probably Nader) thought Saddam had WMD. By the UNs own definitions, Saddam DID have WMD, because he wouldn't show the UN proof of their destruction."

Right, only the crazy people were actually, er, right?

"I heard many initial justifications for the war; many of which were propagated by the media."

Youre kidding right? Youre not really asking us to find quotes by bush cheney and Rumsfeld telling us all about the imaginary weapons of mass destruction are you?

"If you truly want honesty in policy, then you will be hard pressed to support any govt program except perhaps the military."

Do you consider private contractors and the cia functions of the military?

"To discredit the war based on only side technicalities is ridiculous at best, and irresponsible at worst."

So you consider human rights abuses, defiance of the geneva convention, being based on batched intelligence and tens of thousands of dead civilians "side technicalities"? If China had made a similar move to liberate people from a totalitarian regime you would feel similar figures would be acceptable to their end?

"Your own reasoning leads you to proper post modernism: the inability to recognize truth."

Youre that kid who just couldnt understand post-modernism arent you?

"I belive the war was a good idea becuase I believe when ideoligies of hate and violence compete with ideologies of tolerence and curiosity it is only violence and hate that will win in the long term. If the tolerant side deosn't realize when their opponent is intolerant they have everything to lose. If we do not reject islamic fundamentalists who argue for the destruction of Western Civilization and fight to win the war of world opinion then we will lose our tolerant way of life. This is why I support Bush."

It has never been presented so clearly the way bush's position makes no sense. You are arguing that hate and violence will eventually win. So, we must become intolerant so that we may preserve our tolerant way of life. You are either crazy or you are satan.

Apr 14, 05 1:16 am  · 
 · 
Silent Disapproval Robot

oops.

is quiet again.

Apr 14, 05 1:17 am  · 
 · 
inkwray

How much are you willing to spend? I carry my 15" in this:
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/categories.t2?categoryId=8
its the 17" one but you get the idea.

Apr 14, 05 10:33 am  · 
 · 

I have one from SwissArmy that's not exactly plastic, but some sort of synthetic weave. It's a delivery bag type and was very inexpensive.

Apr 14, 05 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
yoginfish

Plastic as in these?

http://www.boblbee.com/jsp/public/general/homepage.jsp

Apr 14, 05 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

chromebags.com

make nice bags. have some laptop options. bags w/ PVC lining etc. and varying degrees of padding... also have the "flight style" cases for extra protection.

Apr 14, 05 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: