Archinect
anchor

What do Architects Dream About?

David Brent

Last night I dreamt that I was designing a Museum of Philanthropy. The client said to me "If I had enough money you could design your robot with magic shoes."

Then I woke up.

What do you dream about?

Apr 10, 05 1:20 pm
LaTorpilleRose

Why, the Pyramid of Cheops at Giza I would imagine!

Apr 10, 05 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

a fuse of flash dance and mc hammer shit

Apr 10, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
LenaV

I always dream I'm flying and/or know some great secret about the end of the world that nobody else does..

Apr 10, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

i had a dream about a crab-spider.
i also had one that consisted of nothing but endlessly folding paper

Apr 10, 05 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

sounds like my endless autocad dreams....

Apr 10, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

kissy, is that not reality?

Apr 10, 05 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

An unlimited budget and absolute creative control.

Apr 10, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Ex-girlfriends of mine keep reappearing in my dreams ....

Apr 10, 05 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

LaTorpilleRose

In Egypt back in '99 me and this kid from jersey got dropped off at the front gate in front of half the Cairo military, and we're told at 2:00 am the park was closed. so we went around back into the village dstined to climb to the top of Cheops. We stormed backroads past dogs and kids snatching at our pockets for cash in the back alleys, out into the desert through the trenches and booked out to the pyramids listening to the camel guards tingling bells in the dark...there is a little watch station at the bottom of Cheops, the lower half of the pyramid is lit up, and all the boulders half way up to the top our thrashed, with lots of small stones placed on top to roll and make noise, to alert the guards and discourage climbers. but we snuck up and around it all as fast as we could beyond the light, where the boulders got pristine again, scurrying straight to the top, about 15- 20 minutes once we started climbing. amazing. just a sliver of the moon so not to drown out all the stars, a mount for a sattelite dish and all of giza and cairo blinking down below, fallen constellations, lights blewn in warm winds and dust, one of the most incredible vantages i have ever found, and tried not to freak out getting down before sunrise....

it's something i'd probably never do again if even i had the chance.

Apr 10, 05 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

This:

"Architects Dream" by Thomas Cole.

Apr 10, 05 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

sometimes in my dreams i am walking next to a building. the building lifts one of its corners, a stranger pushes me over so the my head falls underneath the corner of the building, and the corner of the building smashes my head.

then sometimes in my dreams i am sitting there designing away in my office and in walks natalie portman.....

Apr 10, 05 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The other night I dreamt that I was getting dressed for work.....I opened a dresser drawer and had nothing but smart-looking terrycloth jumpsuits

Apr 10, 05 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
LenaV

I once dreamt I was being held captive by a vampire, and in comes one of my good friends riding Pegasus carrying a black dress, saying it was time for me to go. I was standing at the bottom of the hill and it was right before a thunderstorm. The sky was grey but the grass was this incredibly vibrant greenish-yellow color. We flew away after I put on the dress and ended up in some marshland trying to get away from the vampire that wanted me back. Towards the end of my dream, Pegasus got a bit confused and ended up flying over Greenland. He was subdued by the cold and we ended up crashing into the freezing waters.

Apr 10, 05 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
road agent

The Styx Rouge

I was leading my family across an overpass while walking in detroit. the traffic underneath us was a steady deafening roar, a blur of automobiles. it was an old bridge and condemned. downtown detroit loomed close in the gray sky like a gothic apparition. suddenly my foot fell through on a loose piece of bridge. startled i jumped to my knees. i yelled over my back for my family to get down. i watched the concrete fall through the hole i had made in the bridge, below the freeway had turned to a flooding mass of muddy water and urban debris. i stared with morbid fascination as some floating form bobbed over to reveal a decayed rib cage and skull. i turned to look at my family relieved they hadn't noticed. i turned and looked back at the river, washed up on the far shore was another skull. end dream.

Apr 10, 05 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

autofellatio

Apr 10, 05 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
LenaV

yeah, i can't resist myself either.

Apr 10, 05 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i dreamed i saw the knights in armor comin
sayin somethin about a queen
there were peasants singin and drummers drummin
and the archer split a tree
there was a fanfare blowin to the sun
that was floating on the breeze
look at mother nature on the run
in the 1970's

Apr 10, 05 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sparky Brown

I dream about bendy buildings... The rubber kind. oh... and I've hit the ground several times in those falling dreams. i've heard that you are supposed to have a heart attack when you do, but may be i'm just landing on pillows or something. dunno. But bendy buildings... oh and finding my flash card and flash card reader. But that's beside the point!

Apr 11, 05 12:09 am  · 
 · 
Sparky Brown

I almost forgot

p.s. keep kickin' ass!

Apr 11, 05 12:12 am  · 
 · 
ferplexion

I often have dreams about amazing architecture, but then i will only remember fragments of it moments after waking up. it's a beautiful form of torture.

Apr 11, 05 1:46 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

tidal waves

Apr 11, 05 4:19 am  · 
 · 
barbaric

Most of my dreaming is dependant on my state of mind before going to sleep....

If I'm in a good mood........it's usally about visiting distant lands and ancient places (which, in essence, are nice long vacations).........world domination...........all that nice stuff.

If I'm in a bad mood.........I dream about getting even with my boss/former evil professors..........Fight Club style.......

If I'm not 100% sober..............that's when everything happens.......world-is-against-me-chasing-me kinda dreams, or my pet cat is actually my boss in disguise, and other wierd crap I'd best keep to myself......

;)

Apr 11, 05 6:18 am  · 
 · 
A

mostly just dream about sex.

Apr 11, 05 11:15 am  · 
 · 
lush

I feel your pain ferplexion
and I have those falling endlessly dreams too often for comfort...

Apr 11, 05 11:30 am  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

electric sheep

and louis kahn windows

Apr 11, 05 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
form64

retiring before age 45 and building my own spread with all cash in a quiet place. i dream about the place. where is it? help me find it.

Apr 11, 05 7:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: