Archinect
anchor

AUTOCAD + PHOTOSHOP plans

barbaric

Autocad is used in the practice/academia to illustrate plans ofcourse, but has anyone found an effective way of adding information using photoshop on a scanned/imported autocad file effectively (such as adding layers/colors to stress certain areas of a plan or section) ?

what are your preferences when drawing a 2-D plan/section?

Apr 6, 05 7:38 pm

can output as eps files rather neatly to illustrator or photoshop, but layers get weird in the former. and lose the scalability of vector data in the latter. lately I use in-design to combine plans and graphics in layers. it works fairly well, but still ain't the perfect tool. depends on the intended use of the graphics, how big it needs to print at, etc.

autocad allows some graphic techniques but is clumsy still. maybe the next version will be better...

Apr 6, 05 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
jas

Has anyone used M-Color...i saw that a firm required knowledge of it. It seems very dull results to me...

I take eps files of cad file and then take them into photoshop and it gives you great flexibilty to create some nice images...

Apr 6, 05 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
Nancy

or you could consider using the cad drawing in illustrator (instead of photoshop)

Apr 6, 05 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

our firm uses m-color. it's a little annoying to use cause you don't get to see your colors on your plan until you send it to plot or to file.

what usually happens is that we use m-color to block out what should be colored and the color is tweaked in illustrator. illustrator gives you more accurate control of colors too (with pantone and such).

but illustrator is usually a better tool i've found. stay in vector and it's a lot easier to deal with. rasterizing it can give you certain effects but ultimately is tough to make corrections.

Apr 6, 05 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

I think there are other posts about this..

oh yeah.. number 1
number 2
oh, and number 3

Apr 7, 05 2:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: