Archinect
anchor

Any good Classical architecture in Los Angeles area?

homestar

I have been around Los Angeles/Orange County areas for some time now, and was curious about there being any good Classical (greco_roman, Beaux-Arts, Neoclassical, etc.) architecture. It could be any kind of building or monument. I've been reading up on Classical architecture a lot, and was kinda in the mood to see some in person, but then I remembered out here in SoCal we don't have much of that (unlike NorCal and the east coast) Right now the only two examples I can think of are the Getty villa museum in Malibu and the Huntington museum/gardens in San Marino. Any suggestions or something I might have missed?

P.S. This is my first post, so, um, hi to everyone :)

Apr 5, 05 7:45 am
el jeffe

Doesn't Charles Moore's book pretty much focus on Classical architecture in SoCal? Do you have a copy of it?

Apr 5, 05 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Medit

since when Neoclassical is "good Classical"!?

Apr 5, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

many examples of elegant and well-designed "neo-classical" or palladian architecture exist. see mid-atlantic US or London in late 18th century

Apr 5, 05 4:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: