Archinect
anchor

Fashion Trends

swamprat

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on what have been the biggest fashion trends in the past 30-40 years?

Apr 3, 05 2:33 pm
rabbits

denim. irony. synthesizers.

Apr 3, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

There's really only one trend, and that's planned obsolescence.

Apr 3, 05 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
e

parachute pants

Apr 3, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my cat is mesmerized by hammertime

Apr 4, 05 12:55 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the mullet remains a mainstay

Apr 4, 05 12:56 am  · 
 · 
LenaV

i'm mesmerized by hammertime.

i would say. . .mini skirts, flared pants, and. . .

annoying hippie bastards wearing commie paraphanelia and believing in it.

please hammer, don't hurt em.

Apr 4, 05 1:06 am  · 
 · 
a-f

"Casual clothing"

unfortunately.

Apr 4, 05 4:17 am  · 
 · 
fakeid

the theme for girls' wear in the past decade should be 'skimpy, skimpier, & soon to be: skimpiest.' no distinct trend for guys because there's no market, although tom ford and hedi slimane have created some noises, armani in the much earlier stage.

Apr 4, 05 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
pazdon

wash and wear

Apr 4, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
LenaV

Wouldn't it be great to return to the classics, when the clothing was impeccably designed...when everything was beautifully tailored to flatter, and when you couldn't see that rather large woman parade around in the tiniest of skirts and the skimpiest of tops, exposing every single jelly roll. . .

Apr 4, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
pazdon

there are some fascinating feminist theories on the evolution of the stilletto heel. it's especially interesting i think bc the height and shape of the stilletto has only become possible in the past 40 (or 50) years due to new technologies in plastics.

lenaV - i agree. pictures of my grandparents show that they only had a few outfits that they wore until they fell apart but they looked fabulous. i moved recently and i was appaled by how many boxes of clothes i have considering that i generally look like i just rolled out of bed. not to mention how much material waste is generated by cheap trendy clothes built to last for only a season.

architecture and fashion:
http://varnelis.audc-office.com/projects/couture/couture.html

Apr 4, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lena classic coutoure or cooconut bras make up yer mind...

Apr 5, 05 12:22 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Movies have tried to out do Jaws ever since it came out and are still doing so today.

Apr 5, 05 2:36 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

if any of you decide to go to UCLA, you will notice:

1. the suede tracksuit
2. the miniskirt/ugg boots combo

Apr 5, 05 2:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: