Archinect
anchor

Residential Arch's in the Southwest, U.S.

aeaa

I am looking for residential precedent images of some architects that do work primarily in the southwest Unisted States or in a similar desert climate. I know of Rick Joy and Will Bruder, some of Glen Murcutt's work also falls into this manner of work I am trying to dig up. Anyone else have any leads??

Thanks

Apr 1, 05 10:17 am
citizen

Richard Neutra, Frank Lloyd Wright, Albert Frey.

Apr 1, 05 10:20 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Gregory Ain (?), Lloyd Wright (?) (FLLW's son)

Apr 1, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 

if archs of the past are ok, look at barragan.

and then see what kind of residential work legorretta might have done before he went big.

and then look at another mexican, a younger one who i know has done some beautiful residential work, alberto kalach.

Apr 1, 05 10:56 am  · 
 · 
aeaa

Thanks guys, these are good.

Apr 1, 05 11:11 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

John Lautner comes to mind.

Apr 1, 05 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

Michael Reynolds ?

Apr 2, 05 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
too degrading

The PLURAL of "arch" is "archs" not "arch's"

Argh. Or in this case Arghs.

That being said, most of these architects are dead - not that there is anything wrong with that. I think there is some cool shit going down by the living in Desert Hot Springs.

Roto has a hotel. Antoine Predock, I think Wes Jones did a master plan for a desert Community?

Apr 2, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

visit this site for current modern homes in the southwest for sale. damn--arizona has all the good stuff.

Apr 2, 05 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

The plural of "arch" is "arches," but who's counting?

And, yes, some of these boys are indeed dead. But do you want your architects good, or breathing? How about a mix? It's funny when someone here is actually surprised when offered the examples of Wright, Mies, Corbu, Gropius, Sert, Gaudi, Lutyens, even Michelangelo or Bernini when kicking around this or that kind of architecture.

Mayne, Gehry, Libeskind, Lynn-- all of today's "stars" will be worm food themselves some day. Does that mean we should relegate their work to the bottom drawer just because they're dead? I don't think so.

Apr 2, 05 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

this is a good site - thx five

Apr 2, 05 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

check out a guy name jon anderson in albucrackee also www.modern phoenix.net.

Apr 2, 05 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

also another dead one-judith chafee

Apr 2, 05 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: