Archinect
anchor

Is LEED certified office building prefered by companies?

chinaLEED

My company is going to develop more office buildings towards LEED certification. But we have no idea about whether there are actually some famous companies do prefer LEED certified buildings. Could anyone give me any advice, and names of these companies? Thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 05 11:59 am

I know the California Endowment (a non-profit) really wanted platinum certification for their new headquarters.

Mar 29, 05 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
rtdc

Most US government buildings (at least GSA run) are being built to meet LEED criteria. One of our big projects is with them, and it is required to get a silver rating.

Mar 29, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
chinaLEED

Are there any big multinational companies like IBM, Microsoft which prefer LEED certified office building for their operations?

Mar 30, 05 6:51 am  · 
 · 

Don't know about LEED, but Ford had William McDonough completely rethink the River Rouge plant.

McDonough, though very much oriented toward long-term sustainable solutions, isn't exactly in the LEED camp. Most of his work goes way beyond LEED's minimum/standard approach.

Mar 30, 05 7:29 am  · 
 · 
siggers

wtf is LEED?

Mar 30, 05 9:51 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

leadership in energy efficient design

Mar 30, 05 10:32 am  · 
 · 
Museschild

Know of a big contractor - Alberici's St. Louis operation just remodeled an existing building and are currently in the approval process for a platinum LEED rating. The maximum of the LEED standard, a fantastic building in terms of green design and more so because it's in the midwest. look it up on USGBC's website (US Green Building Council--that's also where you can do your homework, signum)

Mar 30, 05 11:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: