Archinect
anchor

1:20 scale tree source?

FRO

I just picked up a side job building some models, and I need a good online source for 1:20 scale trees. Everything I can find is too big, I need 1/2" to 3/4" actual size evergreens and aspens.

Thanks.

Mar 29, 05 11:31 am
architorturealist

go to the model train store, i used to get various scales of wood, figures and so on....so just look up your local model train store.

Mar 29, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
FRO

my 'local' model train store is at least 3 hours away if it even exists, but good call on the train scene, I'll check it out online.

Mar 29, 05 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Use Broccoli...dried Broccoli.
Also use a lifesaver and some yarn for a perfectly scaled tree swing. Uh Huh.
Seriously - Unless it needs to be photo-real, piloted dowels make a neat, abstraction of trees while not occluding the actual product you're presenting...?

Mar 29, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My old office used a tree-builder by the name of (email me and I'll let you know) somewhere around San Francisco. Excellent representations, custom made to any scale, and incredibly inexpensive.

Mar 29, 05 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
general acres

Google the word Plastruct or Plastructs

Mar 30, 05 1:32 am  · 
 · 
sahar

Do you have a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or other craft store. I have found some nice scale trees in their dried flower sections.

Mar 30, 05 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: