Archinect
anchor

CALLING CAD MONKEYS.......

Inkaism

Is there a magic formula for scaling in CAD? Im having one hell of a time xrefing blocks into an existing drawing and making them fit. ie., How do I go about bringing a titleblock @ 1"=1', into a 1/8'=1' floorplan. Titleblock being 3',2', and floor plan roughly 130',90'. I get so confused wit scale factors!!!...This is a class project. Im supposed to produce 12 details in 3 different scales. Arrange them all in a 3',2' base dwg. divided into 12 spaces for the 12 details. When divided evenly, i get twelve 9",7 1/4" spaces, with a 3/4" space for notes. The instructor suggested tracing one of the 9",7 1/4" spaces and turning into a block and calling it a MOD. Once all the details were drawn, insert this MOD. block into the detail dwg. and frame the detail with it without adjusting the details scale at all, only the MOD being inserted could be scaled to fit. IM So confused!!
Where are the CAD monkeys when you need them????
Thank you in advance.

Mar 28, 05 3:55 am
b3tadine[sutures]

xref your titleblock into paper space at 1:1

use viewports in paper space to create drawings of different scales

that should be enough bananas for you monkey

oh and by the way, you only get to call anyone a cad monkey when you know what the fuck you are talking about...

Mar 28, 05 6:57 am  · 
 · 
Mum

Are you being told to use paper space or model space? If paper space, are you being told to draw the content of the details 1 to 1? i.e. a 4" x 2" rectangle actually scales to 4" x 2" in the file in which it's drawn.

What you're describing sounds like the wrong way to bring details into a drawings. Don't ever draw a detail and then scale the whole thing up. But if that's what you're teacher is asking you to do, post another message. I can give you all the scales you need.

Mar 28, 05 7:43 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Oh man, I'm so glad we don't use feet and inches, it looks horrible!

Mar 28, 05 9:25 am  · 
 · 
Cloutier

cheers to the metric system!

Mar 28, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Mum

We Americans fought long and hard to gain our independence from Great Britain just so we could have really screwy cad drawings! I'm offended!

Mar 28, 05 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: