Archinect
anchor

Architectural Desktop

stall-it

Just wondering if any of you know the benefits of using ADT? Does your school teach you this software?

I work for an office that uses it. I find it very amateurish...It's suppose to make life easier by creating scheduels and typical walls sections - it is very limiting when creating dynamic spaces, or un-traditional designs.

Anyways....any thoughts

Mar 26, 05 3:39 pm
pasha

I used ADT for my school projects, but its not for NURBArchitecture.
Personally I am very comfortable with it.
I plan to use it at my grad school.

Does anyone else use it.?

Mar 26, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
9SquareGrid

I've used it, but much prefer Autodesk Revit.

Mar 26, 05 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

You can find a lot of previous discussions on this topic with the search function....

Mar 26, 05 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
pix

I have a class specially devoted to ADT, basically everyone knows how to use it here at my school, but I would have to say that preferrably we use AutoCad and other programs, because in the end makes the export to 3d much easier, sometimes when using ADT the exports end up all messed up..
in the end is a program which is pretty easy to use, and it gives you the basic tools, to later move on with other programs,

Mar 26, 05 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

ADT is ok...just a step for the original CAD. but my school is also in the process of having a form-z class. other interesting programs i am hearing about is maya and sketch up

Mar 27, 05 12:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: