Archinect
anchor

Men That are Into Architecture

newstreamlinedmodel

Why is it appealing when a male is really into architecture? Is this such a turn on to you”¦why”¦discuss.

Mar 25, 05 2:30 pm
lush

Howard Roark...need I say more?
on the flip side...a male architect with no 'passion' for architecture and design, and thinks of it as just another job(and I have met a bunch lof male arch's who fit that description) is a total turn-off!

Mar 25, 05 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
Stewart Hicks

newstreamlinedmodel - were you checking out my ass?

Mar 25, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Well you are awfully cutie in a hard hat.

“YMCA,

Its fun to stay at the YMCA

You can get your self clean, you can have a good meal

You can do whatever you feel…”

Mar 25, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
whodamantom

its the phallus isnt it, it involves all architects

Mar 25, 05 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
whodamantom

we are all preoccupied, whether male or female, just not in the same way; and yes I am straight, I love my phallus

Mar 25, 05 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Nell Lime

When one spends their life holed up in studio only meeting other archies it is quite possible to argue that they would only be interested in other archies. I do know other gal friends who would never consider a man they meet in architecture for the sole reason of they would see too much of them. In my opinion someone who was not an archie would not fully be able to comprehend what goes on in the mind of an archie.

Tom is definately straight... He's not curved although his designs normally are.

Mar 25, 05 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

totally agree with lush

passion is the most important thing, you can tell from one's eyes..

Mar 26, 05 1:00 am  · 
 · 
pix

there is always something about watching, ok not watching but observing a dedicated guy do his thing in studio..
totally agree with Nell Lime, there can be affinities with other people, but usually archies are better off with other archies who will not whine about the hours of work spend in studio, rather than couch potatoing watching movies or whatever other thing.

Mar 26, 05 10:44 am  · 
 · 
the cellardoor whore

I prefer "subcontractors"...

mmm...a little bit of grit and dirt...adds friction

architects...bland black and overstylized spectacles...whats so sexy about that... a sterilized phallus?

Mar 26, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
whodamantom

the cellardoor whore
that's dirty (no pun intended)

Mar 26, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
LenaV

Have any of guys ever seen Creimaster III (I may be spelling it wrong)
It's completely screwed up. Watch that movie and then talk to me about men and architecture.

Mar 26, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

cyngtz, you're totally right... the time commitment to studio work is much more understandable if it's two archie's. I was in a 2 year relationship with a girl who was a psych major. I was constantly lectured for spending so much time working on projects. There are many parallels between psych and architecture, but when one of the two people spends their days analyzing, and the other person obsessed with a new design -- that's just an invitation for conflict.

I'm dating an arch. major right now. It's way different. We don't talk as much, but the time spent together is much more appreciated. And even though things are just getting off the ground, there's already a much higher level of trust between us than I've had with any non-arch major that I've dated.

Mar 26, 05 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
pix

I know exactly what you´re talking about, and even if you don´t get to talk a lot, I mean there are a hundred things to share, from a simple idea to a complex project, they will always understand, at least that has been my experience.
It turns out to be not quantity time, but quality.. and when you have plenty it is just as great.. but definitely there is more trust, sharing, and you know that whenever you are really busy and the other one is not, you´ll have a hand if needed or at least a cup of fresh coffee in the morning.

Mar 26, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: