Archinect
anchor

Hardi Panel Alternate

David Brent

I used to clad houses in hardi panel rain screen all the time, but the material is getting thinner and is now only coming pre-primed. It used to be a great material but now it looks really crappy.

Does anybody know of an similar, but better product?

Mar 25, 05 9:23 am
instrumentOFaction

I was just reading the dwell forums earlier this week and somebody was asking a similar question. here's the link:

http://www.livemodern.com/forums/dwell/materialsmethods/848732015914

There are some photos from interior installations but obviously this stuff does double duty.

Someone on the forum referenced a company called Cement Board Fabricators based in Atlanta but a cursory search of the web didn't yield a website for that company. Good Luck, David. Let us know what you find, ok?

Mar 25, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
black bat

cement board fabricators is based somehwere in KY i think, no website, you'd have to call to get samples...and like most other reps they are hesitant to give you striaght-up per sheet prices. another brand is Plycem, but i've heard it's the most expensive of all the brands.

Mar 25, 05 11:16 am  · 
 · 
David Brent

instrumentOFaction, Thanks for the link which led me to this:

http://sweets.construction.com/index/mfg.htm?id=3470

It looks promising...

Mar 25, 05 11:31 am  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

David and BB, yeah i'd found that company in KY too, i was trying to exhaust the Atlanta reference in the dwell forum since the company name was so damn indistinct. I didn't find much of anything. Maybe that guy is just wrong about there being an atlanta company.

I'm sure that you could find a contractor who does install of the KY company's product and get pricing from them, though. usually companies are willing to give you 'approved contractor references'.

or just call the gallery listed in the forum and ask who installed it, that may be a jumping off point for you.

But first, i'd press the KY company. This is where 'being an architect' really helps. BS and lie to them if you have to to get samples and pricing...have it mailed to you using your firm's office address...you can always tell them your project got put on hold down the line.

There is no legitimate reason companies shouldn't help you with samples, etc so i don't feel very badly about doing all i can to get that stuff.

Mar 25, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: