Archinect
anchor

Tell me the truth among Graduate schools...

eugene

Few days ago, I created a topic about graduate schools which I really want to enter and I got admission. And thanks for your opinion.
There are some schools which indicate pending position
(TAMU, Texas Austin, Florida...)
But,,, I want to make a final decision about Graduate school for Master of Architecture.

I got admissions like this...
1. Minnesota (2.16)
2. Virginia Tech (2.26)
3. IIT (3.10) + $12,478 + $8,000 TA
4. Virginia (UVA) - waiting list (3.18)
5. UIUC (3.20)
6. UCLA (3.21)

The most important thing I want to check and consider is """job offer""" after graduate school. And I'm an international...
How do you think about these schools and job opportunity???
Please, tell me the truth... thank you...

Mar 22, 05 2:46 pm
AP

Florida rocks

Mar 22, 05 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

as for job offers, if i understand your question, it's almost always dependent on where you want to get a job. if you want to live in minneapolis, then minnesota's going to be a great place to go to school, if you want to live in LA, then of course it's ucla. faculty tend to work where they teach and offer their grad students jobs, so if job offers are a primary consideration for you then figure out which school is the place you'd most like to live. beyond that, based on my experience, the schools from your list most likely to land you a good job would probably be in this order: ucla, iit, uva...
just my opinion.

Mar 22, 05 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous

I think that it depends on what type of firm you'd want to work for. The added bonus to schools is that taking studios is many times your first opportunity to interview for a job from professors teaching there. Look at the work and firms of teachers at each school. Decide where to go based on where you'd like to work and for whom. Just my dos centavos.

Mar 22, 05 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: