Archinect
anchor

Digital camera for shooting models

monkeyshines

I'm looking for recommendations on a digital camera for photographing architectural models. I'm assuming that being able to focus on extremely close elements will be critical. What else should I be looking at?

Mar 20, 05 7:35 pm
yoginfish

Resolution. Images with higher resolution will be more flexible when editing. I would go for 4 Megapixel or more.

Mar 20, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
e4nim

I guess that you should consider camera's ability of making movie clips as one of the important factors. From time to time, that could be useful. Although I have not had Nikon, I heard that cameras of Nikon can make zoom action during recording movie clip. If you do not consider movie clip capacity, I recomend you canon G-series. You can make good images with canon powershot G-2 though it is discountinued.

Mar 20, 05 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

got me a Cannon S60. Wide angle lens is the big plus. Most cameras will have a function for dealing with tiny focal lengths.

get anthing but a sony. bastards.

Mar 21, 05 9:02 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Fuji S7000 is very good, almost the best movie capability out there, macro up to about 1cm, and pretty cheap now.

Mar 21, 05 10:43 am  · 
 · 
mad+dash

Good thread! I don't remember a thing from my photography class.

Could someone explain the importance of image formats, if I were to basically use the camera for site and model photographs, if any?

Mar 21, 05 11:20 am  · 
 · 
lking

what about sony w-5 or w-7 (they're both new cameras, 5 and 7 megapixel). it's a compact camera with interchangeable lenses (wide angle and 2 telephotos available)

Mar 21, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

image format is mostly about clarity really as yoginfish suggested. TIFF being larger than JPG obviously has more information and thus slightly better clarity. Importnant if you are going to blow up part of the image. I generally use the highest quality JPG format on my Cannon. Actually finding that this is probably an overkill excpet where i am using the piks for presentation work.

Mar 22, 05 8:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: