Archinect
anchor

Fees for drawings

inkwray

Morning everybody,
question for all the experienced architects. I had an offer to do about 30+ drawings for a real estate firm in chicago, i have no idea how much to charge for them. Basis plans, not detailed of apartments, probably nothing more.
I'm still a student,(they reasoned it would be cheaper then going to a real architect) that has limited experience with this.
A professor just told me $25 an hour.
Any suggestions?

Mar 18, 05 10:15 am
CalebRichers

try charging them per square ft.... say around 20 - 60 cents a foot, depending on the detail level....that way you can't dispute hours spent on it and they can take it or leave it....as soon as you say a hourly rate they will then ask "well how many hrs will this take u"

this method has worked best for me, saving alot of confusion.

Mar 18, 05 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

thank you, i was trying to avoid the hourly cost, not knowing how many hours it would take to complete the project. I need the money, bad, but i dont want to overcharge, or mis-judge the quote and ruin a potential relationship.

Mar 18, 05 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: