Archinect
anchor

Chrome Messenger Bags?

FRO

Out on a limb, does anyone here use a Chrome messenger bag? They seem well designed and bombproof.

I can't decide between the Metropolis (large) and Citizen (med), and was hoping for some user feedback.

Thanks

Mar 15, 05 3:31 pm
e

they are pretty nice. i have a freitag myself. i love the fact that no one else has one that looks exactly like mine and that it's recycled.

Mar 15, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
higgsARCH

go with the med. unless you plan on being a bike messenger and carrying packages and what not

Mar 15, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

higgs is 100% correct, go with the medium unless you're planning on carrying very large boxes on you bag. might also want to check out the bags by Baileys Works. I have a CourierWare myself, and the thing has taken a lot of banging around.

And if you're wearing a messeger bag, you should get a fixed gear bicycle - most fun you could have on two wheels.

Mar 15, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

thanks for the advice.

e- that Freitag site ROCKS. Very cool manufacturing concept.

Pix- gave my fixed gear away to a friend who was moving to a city, figured he would need it. I would like to build up another though.

Mar 15, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have a hatchback myself. carries everything i need....

Mar 15, 05 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
joe

I know a couple people with the metropolis bags and they seem to like them. they are large, but if you need to carry a big laptop and books, etc it might be a better size. it will cover your whole back.

and pixel, I agree with you about the fixed gear. love it.

Mar 15, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

riding a fixie completely changes what its like to ride a bike.
been debating on purchasing a frame with track dropouts lately, but until I take that jump my Fuji 3-speed frame will do fine.

Mar 15, 05 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
psymian

i'm fond of my large Timbuk2 ... waterproof, rocking internal storage, ample room for the laptop, lunch and what ever books/sketchpads/pens i'm hauling around, AND uber comfy when i'm ridin' the road bike.

Mar 16, 05 3:46 am  · 
 · 
noguy

best backpacks? any suggestions....

Mar 16, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
higgsARCH

timbuk2

Mar 16, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
mpsyp

What's a fixed gear bike?

Mar 16, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Here's

a good explanation from Sheldon Brown... just scroll down a bit past all the links and read on.

Mar 16, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mpsyp

...it was almost too obvious...

Mar 16, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
c

I've a chrome freitag, well actually ductTape colored .. there's also a brand something like GREE GREBE? GEBE? does anyone know it off hand? post a link. i can't remember but they do really nice stuff, cleanish and modern , often in leather.

Mar 16, 05 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
joe

pixel - are you a member over at fixedgeargallery?

Mar 16, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

no... never posted an image of my bike anywhere. maybe after I get the bullhorn bars that I ordered I'll send one in.

For the other fixie riders, do you all go brakeless? I do, which doesn't have much impact anymore because of the area I live in (ie suburbs), but when I was in Boston it was quite the eye-opening transition.

Mar 16, 05 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Peter Rentz

no brakes on my fixie
ZO or Globe are the only bike friendly bags i would ever use, strictly from ex bike messenger experience, but maybe i am just a snob. But i have had a ZO for almost 20 years.

------------
http://www.zobags.com/

Mar 16, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: