Archinect
anchor

Chrome Messenger Bags?

FRO

Out on a limb, does anyone here use a Chrome messenger bag? They seem well designed and bombproof.

I can't decide between the Metropolis (large) and Citizen (med), and was hoping for some user feedback.

Thanks

Mar 15, 05 3:31 pm
e

they are pretty nice. i have a freitag myself. i love the fact that no one else has one that looks exactly like mine and that it's recycled.

Mar 15, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
higgsARCH

go with the med. unless you plan on being a bike messenger and carrying packages and what not

Mar 15, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

higgs is 100% correct, go with the medium unless you're planning on carrying very large boxes on you bag. might also want to check out the bags by Baileys Works. I have a CourierWare myself, and the thing has taken a lot of banging around.

And if you're wearing a messeger bag, you should get a fixed gear bicycle - most fun you could have on two wheels.

Mar 15, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

thanks for the advice.

e- that Freitag site ROCKS. Very cool manufacturing concept.

Pix- gave my fixed gear away to a friend who was moving to a city, figured he would need it. I would like to build up another though.

Mar 15, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have a hatchback myself. carries everything i need....

Mar 15, 05 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
joe

I know a couple people with the metropolis bags and they seem to like them. they are large, but if you need to carry a big laptop and books, etc it might be a better size. it will cover your whole back.

and pixel, I agree with you about the fixed gear. love it.

Mar 15, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

riding a fixie completely changes what its like to ride a bike.
been debating on purchasing a frame with track dropouts lately, but until I take that jump my Fuji 3-speed frame will do fine.

Mar 15, 05 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
psymian

i'm fond of my large Timbuk2 ... waterproof, rocking internal storage, ample room for the laptop, lunch and what ever books/sketchpads/pens i'm hauling around, AND uber comfy when i'm ridin' the road bike.

Mar 16, 05 3:46 am  · 
 · 
noguy

best backpacks? any suggestions....

Mar 16, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
higgsARCH

timbuk2

Mar 16, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
mpsyp

What's a fixed gear bike?

Mar 16, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Here's

a good explanation from Sheldon Brown... just scroll down a bit past all the links and read on.

Mar 16, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mpsyp

...it was almost too obvious...

Mar 16, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
c

I've a chrome freitag, well actually ductTape colored .. there's also a brand something like GREE GREBE? GEBE? does anyone know it off hand? post a link. i can't remember but they do really nice stuff, cleanish and modern , often in leather.

Mar 16, 05 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
joe

pixel - are you a member over at fixedgeargallery?

Mar 16, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

no... never posted an image of my bike anywhere. maybe after I get the bullhorn bars that I ordered I'll send one in.

For the other fixie riders, do you all go brakeless? I do, which doesn't have much impact anymore because of the area I live in (ie suburbs), but when I was in Boston it was quite the eye-opening transition.

Mar 16, 05 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Peter Rentz

no brakes on my fixie
ZO or Globe are the only bike friendly bags i would ever use, strictly from ex bike messenger experience, but maybe i am just a snob. But i have had a ZO for almost 20 years.

------------
http://www.zobags.com/

Mar 16, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: