Archinect
anchor

Autocad Trees in Elevation

ericharch

Does anyone know where to find good quality autocad blocks of trees in elevation? I am even willing to buy them if necessary -- that is how desperate I am right now.

Where does everyone get their nice line drawings of trees for montages? Books?

Mar 14, 05 4:44 pm
randscraper

there is a book by a dude named hightshoe with nice line drawings, many northeastern species and a wide variety of forms. scan them in, bring them into photoshop, change the mode to 'bitmap', save it as a bitmap, and you're good to go

Mar 14, 05 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
Center for Ants

other el-cheapo route:

take photos of trees from a relatively good distance. bring them into AutoCAD as a raster image and start pline-ing away.

Mar 14, 05 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

i don't know what version you are using, but the designcenter (insert menu> designcenter) in 2005 has planting elevations. there are about 22 tree elevations, and maybe 7 good ones.

Mar 15, 05 9:05 am  · 
 · 
milw-arch

I've always had good luck finding ones online, try Googling "free cad blocks" or "cad trees"... www.cben.net has always given me some good stuff but they are offline for some reason....

Mar 15, 05 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
test999

When you were in Arch school didn't you create a-bazillion bloody trees in elevation. Come on, I mean COME ON.

You could bang off a quick tree in cad that looks pretty good or aren't you any good with technology . . . oh ya, you are an architect.

HAha

Mar 15, 05 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
milw-arch

test999, what's your problem?

Mar 28, 05 12:30 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

depending on how nice you need them, I usually use the arch tool and make a tree that way and then copy and scale to give me different size variety.

Mar 28, 05 3:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: